Head on a pike!

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10050
Joined  20-10-2006

26 January 2020 11:55

Trump threatens Republican senators who consider voting to convict in the upcoming impeachment trial.  So much for checks and balances.

Trump could shoot someone on the senate floor and the vote to acquit will still be 53-47, unless he shoots a Republican senator, then the vote will be 52-47.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

26 January 2020 13:31

I think you’re right.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1555
Joined  01-11-2014

26 January 2020 15:28

Yes, it’s a kangaroo court with a guaranteed outcome. McConnell will see to that.

But the message that Trump blackmailed the president of Ukraine has come through loud and clear. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that Trump did this, even to the Republicans. All they can do is try to brush it off as insignificant, (it isn’t), deflect, or change the subject.

But the best part is — Trump has already been impeached. From now on, future generations will read in history books about the corrupt demagogue that is Trump.

And, if anything, more dirt about Trump will emerge. It may take years, but the truth will be told. It always is. His tax returns will be seen; the money he owes Russian oligarchs will be known; any money laundering schemes will be exposed; the favors and secrets he has with Putin uncovered — all will be revealed, eventually.

That is, of course, unless Trump becomes our first dictator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIbipRpjJ4

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3318
Joined  07-08-2011

26 January 2020 16:57

Skipshot - 26 January 2020 11:55 AM

Trump threatens Republican senators who consider voting to convict in the upcoming impeachment trial.  So much for checks and balances.

Trump could shoot someone on the senate floor and the vote to acquit will still be 53-47, unless he shoots a Republican senator, then the vote will be 52-47.

“Trump threatens Republican senators who consider voting to convict in the upcoming impeachment trial. “

A lie patented by the Dems. No such statement. No evidence of him saying that. Just one of those leftist reports that “a confident close to Trump” who is anonymous of course.

This is the kind of crap FBI pulled on Trump when they leaked a phony story to the press and used that story in media to establish a foundation for the fraudulent FISA warrant. This week FISA Court stated that FBI misled the court.

This is what Adam Schiff said referring to an anonymous source in CBS report.

“Vote against the president and your head will be on a pike” 

Then he said to cover himself from any further embarrassment ” I don’t know if that’s true,” 

Apparently skip has better sources. Pathetic!  This s the same media that lied to America 3 years about the Russia Collusion and even after the Muller report, still did not acknowledge their own misdeeds and apologize.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

26 January 2020 17:26

Celal - 26 January 2020 04:57 PM

A lie patented by the Dems. No such statement. No evidence of him saying that. Just one of those leftist reports that “a confident close to Trump” who is anonymous of course.

Who needs evidence when belief will do?  Trump says there is no evidence to support his impeachment and McConnell makes sure none is presented.

My point in the OP is that King Trump has the GOP senators under his thumb and could open fire on them on the Senate floor and they will still not convict.  I wish I did not have to spell it out for you, but. . .

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5347
Joined  28-05-2009

26 January 2020 18:13

I can’t find any substantive evidence for this. He probably said it. His defenders will deny he said it. If and when proof is produced they will insist it was a joke or locker room talk or whatever. He’s said worse, on camera. It scarcely matters. Trump is a foul mouthed liar who will say anything. Much of our tabloid press is no better. They can all share a deep hole in the ground as far as I’m concerned.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

26 January 2020 19:27

Trump wants the Senate to acquit him before his State Of The Union Address which is going to look something like this - https://youtu.be/sGUNPMPrxvA

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1555
Joined  01-11-2014

26 January 2020 20:02

If Republican senators vote against their cult leader, what happened to congressman Mark Sanford, will happen to them:

If you’re still flummoxed by the abject servility of congressional Republicans, by their refusal to confront Trump and stand up for American values, check out last night’s primary election in South Carolina. The purging of Mark Sanford says it all.

Sanford is a long-serving conservative lawmaker (and former governor) who typically votes with his party, but on a few public occasions, he has actually dared to suggest (gasp) that Trump is not the supreme very stable genius that the deluded Republican base deems Trump to be. The result: Sanford loses his job.

For the inexcusable sin of speaking his mind about factual reality, the Republican base voters in Sanford’s House district threw him out last night, handing the GOP nomination to a far-right Trumper who repeatedly denounced Sanford as “disloyal.”

This is why rank-and-file Republican lawmakers refuse to speak out. They’re afraid of their own constituents. It’s Trump’s party now, and the constituents in red districts virtually worship the guy. Forget about putting country over party, because it’s actually worse than that. Sanford’s colleagues won’t put country over career. They’ll vow that what just happened to Sanford will not happen to them.

As conservative commentator Erick Erickson said today, “Mark Sanford losing in South Carolina is pretty much proof positive that the GOP is not really a conservative party that cares about limited government. It is now fully a cult of personality.”

https://tinyurl.com/te9x2vp

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  805
Joined  20-07-2017

27 January 2020 06:46

Would Trump try to destroy all Republicans that voted for impeachment? Almost certainly.

Has Trump directly stated that fact? Pretty sure he has.

Would Trump use the phrase “head on a pike” to express it?  I have my doubts.

If you don’t think he’s applying pressure on the senate, then you don’t know him very well.

[ Edited: 27 January 2020 07:57 by mapadofu]