Twissel - 24 February 2020 10:10 AM

Now find a link from a UK or EU source.

Did I miss Frexit?

brazen4

brazen4
Total Posts:  194
Joined  09-08-2017

01 March 2020 10:29

The mere fact that Bidens kid made millions being on that board will be a forever taint on Biden himself. That money belonged to the everyday citizens of Ukraine. Yes, the Russian mafia has taken lots more than that and are by far a much nastier bunch of thieves but Biden made a big mistake putting his son in any position to be any part of the thieving at all. As his candidacy rolls on I’m sure that in his private moments he is kicking himself for doing that. If being on that board didn’t have such an outlandish paycheck tied to it it wouldn’t have any where near the impact that it has had and it isn’t over. What Trump did was absolutely impeachable and in keeping with a whole lineup of vicious, contemptible crap that has come from him from the start.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18099
Joined  15-02-2008

01 March 2020 10:45

brazen4 - 01 March 2020 10:29 AM

The mere fact that Bidens kid made millions being on that board will be a forever taint on Biden himself. That money belonged to the everyday citizens of Ukraine. Yes, the Russian mafia has taken lots more than that and are by far a much nastier bunch of thieves but Biden made a big mistake putting his son in any position to be any part of the thieving at all. As his candidacy rolls on I’m sure that in his private moments he is kicking himself for doing that. If being on that board didn’t have such an outlandish paycheck tied to it it wouldn’t have any where near the impact that it has had and it isn’t over. What Trump did was absolutely impeachable and in keeping with a whole lineup of vicious, contemptible crap that has come from him from the start.

Bullshit. Making millions being on boards is normal, he did nothing wrong, the money didn’t “belong” to Ukraine, it belonged to whomever was on getting paid.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3050
Joined  19-01-2015

01 March 2020 10:48

Any evidence that any Biden actually did make millions?

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6956
Joined  08-12-2006

06 March 2020 18:01

GAD - 01 March 2020 10:45 AM

Bullshit. Making millions being on boards is normal, he did nothing wrong, the money didn’t “belong” to Ukraine, it belonged to whomever was on getting paid.

Burisma stole millions and millions from the people of Ukraine through embezzlement, tax fraud and corruption (the founder of Burisma, when he was Ukraine’s Minister of Ecology, awarded all the most lucrative mining licenses to his own company back when Ukraine was privatizing their state owned assets.) Why do you think Burisma was being investigated? So the claim that “that money belonged to the everyday citizens of Ukraine” is absolutely true, and would still be true even if the Bidens hadn’t done anything wrong.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

06 March 2020 19:15

Antisocialdarwinist - 06 March 2020 06:01 PM

Burisma stole millions and millions from the people of Ukraine through embezzlement, tax fraud and corruption (the founder of Burisma, when he was Ukraine’s Minister of Ecology, awarded all the most lucrative mining licenses to his own company back when Ukraine was privatizing their state owned assets.) Why do you think Burisma was being investigated? So the claim that “that money belonged to the everyday citizens of Ukraine” is absolutely true, and would still be true even if the Bidens hadn’t done anything wrong.

So anyone who worked for Burisma and got payed was bad? No of course not. Don’t conflate the two things.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

06 March 2020 20:09

GAD - 06 March 2020 07:15 PM

So anyone who worked for Burisma and got payed was bad? No of course not. Don’t conflate the two things.

Knowing they were being paid with money stolen from the people of Ukraine? Yes, of course!

Would you take a seat on Burisma’s board, knowing everything we know about Burisma and its corrupt founder? Knowing, also, that the only reason you were being hired was as a shield against the company and its founder being investigated for corruption? Would you be able to convince yourself that your father being the vice president of the most powerful country in the world was merely a coincidence?

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

06 March 2020 20:19

Antisocialdarwinist - 06 March 2020 08:09 PM

Knowing they were being paid with money stolen from the people of Ukraine? Yes, of course!

Would you take a seat on Burisma’s board, knowing everything we know about Burisma and its corrupt founder? Knowing, also, that the only reason you were being hired was as a shield against the company and its founder being investigated for corruption? Would you be able to convince yourself that your father being the vice president of the most powerful country in the world was merely a coincidence?

I don’t know if any of that is a fact, and neither do you with respect to Biden, pure projection. And in politics and big business just like in life connections count.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

06 March 2020 20:44

GAD - 06 March 2020 08:19 PM
Antisocialdarwinist - 06 March 2020 08:09 PM

I don’t know if any of that is a fact, and neither do you with respect to Biden, pure projection. And in politics and big business just like in life connections count.

What, specifically, are you suggesting that we don’t know? That Burisma and its founder are corrupt? That’s a known fact. That corrupt Ukrainian companies make a habit of hiring influential foreigners to sit on their boards as shields against being investigated? That’s also a known fact.

Do we “know” that Hunter Biden and his father understood why Hunter was being hired? No, you’re right, we don’t. But that’s mere semantics: we don’t “know” that God or butt fairies don’t exist, either. Nor do we “know” that Trump pressured Zelensky to investigate Biden for purely political reasons.

brazen4

brazen4
Total Posts:  194
Joined  09-08-2017

08 March 2020 09:59

As far as I know, Joe Biden does not have a record of looking to make a quick buck from his political influence. I can easily see a possible reason for getting his son on that board as one strategic move towards keeping an eye on the heavy hand of the Russian mafia and their counter parts in Ukraine. Why not, if you can do it? However, Biden being Biden, with his foot always near his mouth,if not actually in it, decides to brag about that influence (foot actually in mouth) and actually jeopardizes what ever strategic advantage he may have accomplished by his sons position. All in all, it was a good gambit to insert a thorn in Putins side. The large paycheck could have been declined or donated to some Ukrainian cause with a very modest amt kept for services rendered, ya know, to keep your own hands squeaky clean in a neighborhood of filth. There-in lies the rub in my mind and it would have clearly differentiated him (Biden) from Putin, Trump, and their ilk, not that I see him at all like that crowd, but because of the money, his detractors can put him there. In the upcoming campaign he will probably have both feet in his mouth as he explains this situation.

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3353
Joined  26-01-2010

25 March 2020 01:00

brazen4 - 08 March 2020 09:59 AM

As far as I know, Joe Biden does not have a record of looking to make a quick buck from his political influence. I can easily see a possible reason for getting his son on that board as one strategic move towards keeping an eye on the heavy hand of the Russian mafia and their counter parts in Ukraine. Why not, if you can do it? However, Biden being Biden, with his foot always near his mouth,if not actually in it, decides to brag about that influence (foot actually in mouth) and actually jeopardizes what ever strategic advantage he may have accomplished by his sons position. All in all, it was a good gambit to insert a thorn in Putins side. The large paycheck could have been declined or donated to some Ukrainian cause with a very modest amt kept for services rendered, ya know, to keep your own hands squeaky clean in a neighborhood of filth. There-in lies the rub in my mind and it would have clearly differentiated him (Biden) from Putin, Trump, and their ilk, not that I see him at all like that crowd, but because of the money, his detractors can put him there. In the upcoming campaign he will probably have both feet in his mouth as he explains this situation.

I think the theory that Joe Biden actively tried to get his son on Burisma’s board of directors lacks sufficient evidence. His brag, as I understand it, was not about getting Hunter on the board, it was about getting the Prosecutor General fired. I have also heard a report that Joe was not real enthusiastic about Hunter joining the board, warning Hunter “I hope you know what you’re doing” or something very similar. So, while plausible, the complete conspiracy theory is improbably. Of course, once the situation was set up, it would be entirely characteristic of U.S. policy to use the situation to the U.S. government to use the situation to the full extent of any advantage it incurred. If that included baiting and outing Putin favorites in the government, all the better. If you’re going to have to deal with corrupt officials anyways, you prefer their short hairs to be in your fingers rather than your adversaries’.

< 1 2 3