1 2 3 > 

Trump is the (a?) anti-Christ

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  851
Joined  20-07-2017

24 June 2020 21:40

In some respects, I’m surprised there isn’t more of this sentiment from Christians; then again, part of the story is that most people will get deceived.

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3117
Joined  19-01-2015

25 June 2020 00:20

obviously.

If you take that sort of thing seriously, Trump ticks none of the Savior and all of the AntiChrist boxes.

Raphael777

Raphael777
Total Posts:  12
Joined  25-06-2020

25 June 2020 04:15

Twissel - 25 June 2020 12:20 AM

obviously.

If you take that sort of thing seriously, Trump ticks none of the Savior and all of the AntiChrist boxes.

Or , as I see it , If you take this sort of remark seriously , President Trump ticks so many of the Saviour and none of the opposite boxes .
In particular , his contribution towards breaking up trafficking and paedophile rings has been magnificent .

Twissel

Twissel
Joined  19-01-2015

25 June 2020 06:52

Raphael777 - 25 June 2020 04:15 AM

obviously.

Or , as I see it , If you take this sort of remark seriously , President Trump ticks so many of the Saviour and none of the opposite boxes .
In particular , his contribution towards breaking up trafficking and paedophile rings has been magnificent .

you are very particular about your sources of information I wager.
Not a fan of the mainstream media I guess?

I don’t remember the Savior being so obsessed with possessions and literally using his charity to steal money from veterans for his own purse.

[ Edited: 25 June 2020 07:08 by Twissel]

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Total Posts:  469
Joined  18-12-2018

25 June 2020 09:31

mapadofu - 24 June 2020 09:40 PM

In some respects, I’m surprised there isn’t more of this sentiment from Christians; then again, part of the story is that most people will get deceived.

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/

The person who wrote this article demonstrates a severe lack of Biblical understanding.

Raphael777

Raphael777
Joined  25-06-2020

25 June 2020 10:00

Twissel - 25 June 2020 06:52 AM

obviously.

I don’t remember the Savior being so obsessed with possessions and literally using his charity to steal money from veterans for his own purse.

You are right . I do take news reading / viewing seriously which means that I discarded the Legacy media a decade ago .Something like a Damascene moment I guess , though my Saviours are all Earth based , as far as I know .
Being fortunate and British I have no direct link to US Vets but I am aware that the President does have ca. 95% satisfaction rating with them . I feel sure he will be writing personally to the missing few who probably just forgot to complete the survey !!

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5399
Joined  28-05-2009

25 June 2020 10:02

I think it’s actually a fairly common view. But just not one that has any tactical value for anyone in broadcasting and so it doesn’t get much traction. Certainly bible believers who actually read their books and consider their values in a consistent way will acknowledge that Trump is clearly pimping the bible. He broadcasts his ignorance about even the most basic rudiments of the religion he pretends to uphold while simultaneously acting and behaving in a way that contradicts any contemporary read of biblical values. I think this is actually why many people are drawn to him. He validates a common lifestyle in the U.S. Namely wearing religion on ones sleeve while projecting all the animosity and greed and prejudice that a lizard brain can produce and never acknowledging the contradiction.

If you can talk yourself into the premise that Jesus loves guns and flags and nationalism you can pretty much believe anything.

I’m grateful to the conservative Christians I know personally who have found the stomach to be honest about Trump and what his movement really consists of.

Twissel

Twissel
Joined  19-01-2015

25 June 2020 10:43

Raphael777 - 25 June 2020 10:00 AM
Twissel - 25 June 2020 06:52 AM

obviously.

You are right . I do take news reading / viewing seriously which means that I discarded the Legacy media a decade ago .Something like a Damascene moment I guess , though my Saviours are all Earth based , as far as I know .
Being fortunate and British I have no direct link to US Vets but I am aware that the President does have ca. 95% satisfaction rating with them . I feel sure he will be writing personally to the missing few who probably just forgot to complete the survey !!

But you are fine with The Saviour embezzling charity money as long as the Veterans are?
(Hint: Trump’s numbers with the Troops are the worst for any recent Republican President).

Raphael777

Raphael777
Joined  25-06-2020

25 June 2020 10:45

Brick Bungalow - 25 June 2020 10:02 AM

I think it’s actually a fairly common view. But just not one that has any tactical value for anyone in broadcasting and so it doesn’t get much traction. Certainly bible believers who actually read their books and consider their values in a consistent way will acknowledge that Trump is clearly pimping the bible. He broadcasts his ignorance about even the most basic rudiments of the religion he pretends to uphold while simultaneously acting and behaving in a way that contradicts any contemporary read of biblical values. I think this is actually why many people are drawn to him. He validates a common lifestyle in the U.S. Namely wearing religion on ones sleeve while projecting all the animosity and greed and prejudice that a lizard brain can produce and never acknowledging the contradiction.

If you can talk yourself into the premise that Jesus loves guns and flags and nationalism you can pretty much believe anything.

I’m grateful to the conservative Christians I know personally who have found the stomach to be honest about Trump and what his movement really consists of.

Thank be that so many disagree totally with you—guess that is why President Trump was elected !!.
He is exactly the type of God fearing man I hope to find in Heaven . And also a real man .
Someone ready to stand up for principles and take the fight to enemies of the Republic .I am confident that he renders unto Caesar and God those separate obligations that are required .
A savvy Commander in Chief and a principled President . Let’s pray his next term is even more satisfying . I suspect that Messrs Barr and Durham will shortly pave that very path .

Twissel

Twissel
Joined  19-01-2015

25 June 2020 11:55

Raphael777 - 25 June 2020 10:45 AM

Thank be that so many disagree totally with you—guess that is why President Trump was elected !!.
He is exactly the type of God fearing man I hope to find in Heaven . And also a real man .
Someone ready to stand up for principles and take the fight to enemies of the Republic .I am confident that he renders unto Caesar and God those separate obligations that are required .
A savvy Commander in Chief and a principled President . Let’s pray his next term is even more satisfying . I suspect that Messrs Barr and Durham will shortly pave that very path .

nice Poe.
I’m not buying it.

No one with evenhalf a brain could look at Trump and call him a gof-fearing man.

we are being trolled.

Raphael777

Raphael777
Joined  25-06-2020

25 June 2020 12:43

Twissel - 25 June 2020 11:55 AM

nice Poe.
I’m not buying it.

No one with evenhalf a brain could look at Trump and call him a gof-fearing man.

we are being trolled.

Here in God’s Garden we don’t have , ‘nice Poe(s)’ or ’ Gof fearing’ people . Does this latter term perhaps refer to the Commander in Chief’s superb golfing talent (several holes - in -one most rounds apparently !! ).

I think you might be well advised to let God decide who is not God fearing rather than us trust in your advance Final Day judgements .

And if you think that your President is trolling you ,  I would complain formally if you can find a shred of believable evidence to support your claim .

Twissel

Twissel
Joined  19-01-2015

25 June 2020 12:56

Raphael777 - 25 June 2020 12:43 PM

nice Poe.
I’m not buying it.

we are being trolled.

Here in God’s Garden we don’t have , ‘nice Poe(s)’ or ’ Gof fearing’ people . Does this latter term perhaps refer to the Commander in Chief’s superb golfing talent (several holes - in -one most rounds apparently !! ).

I think you might be well advised to let God decide who is not God fearing rather than us trust in your advance Final Day judgements .

And if you think that your President is trolling you ,  I would complain formally if you can find a shred of believable evidence to support your claim .

you are trolling.
Or you are deliberately ignorant.
I am 100% certain I know more about the Bible than you do.

How often has Trump been to Church?
Which is his home church?
How faithful has he been to his three wives?
How much does he tithe?

You have no data about Trump being a Christian, never mind a good one.
You are not a Christian, either, if you are fine with the way Trump treats children and the poor and weak.
Read some Trump Tweets and consider - what would Jesus Tweet?

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  8118
Joined  22-02-2014

25 June 2020 16:07

yup, trolling.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  01-11-2014

25 June 2020 16:27

nice Poe.
I’m not buying it.

No one with even half a brain could look at Trump and call him a gof-fearing man.

we are being trolled.

I sure hope so.

I’d hate to think he was serious about his statements; that he was that gullible.

Raphael777

Raphael777
Joined  25-06-2020

25 June 2020 16:43

Cheshire Cat - 25 June 2020 04:27 PM

nice Poe.
I’m not buying it.

No one with even half a brain could look at Trump and call him a gof-fearing man.

we are being trolled.

I sure hope so.

I’d hate to think he was serious about his statements; that he was that gullible.

Fancy finding such a left wing Forum .
Cognitive Dissonance is huge here . I just wonder how you will handle the landslide re-election vote .

Wailing and great gnashing of teeth spring to mind

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6634
Joined  22-02-2005

25 June 2020 16:49

It does seem impossible but I hear real folks who talk just like this.

All management asks is that this patron treat the place like a discussion forum.

I’ll grant one more chance.

1 2 3 >