‘TOO MUCH AND NEVER ENOUGH - The World’s Most Dangerous Man’

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9254
Joined  20-02-2006

08 July 2020 12:33

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Too-Much-and-Never-Enough/Mary-L-Trump/9781982141462

“About The Book
In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric.”

https://www.newyorker.com/cartoons/daily-cartoon/bonus-daily-cartoon-second-wave

[ Edited: 08 July 2020 12:47 by unsmoked]

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  01-11-2014

09 July 2020 12:41

The book makes a number of allegations that Ms. Trump depicts as family secrets, among them a claim that a young Donald Trump paid someone to take his SAT, the standardized test used for college admissions. It also alleges that Mr. Trump’s sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, a former federal judge, considered him “a clown” who had “no principles” and that the Trump family left Fred Trump Jr. unattended at a hospital on the night that he died.

In her book, Ms. Trump seeks to explain how Donald Trump’s position in one of New York’s wealthiest and most infamous real-estate empires helped him acquire what Ms. Trump has referred to as “twisted behaviors” — attributes like seeing other people in “monetary terms” and practicing “cheating as a way of life.”

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist, calls her grandfather — the president’s father, Fred Trump Sr. — a “sociopath” who damaged his children. His father’s behavior, she concludes, led the president to adopt bullying and other aggressive behaviors to mask his own insecurities.

https://tinyurl.com/ycon3ekx

The truly sad thing about this book, and all the others that have come before it, including John Bolton’s recent one, is that none of these revelations are a surprise. There’s nothing shocking or new here. Trump is a very transparent human being.

And yet, 35 to 40 percent of the country are either delusional about who he really is, or choose to look the other way. I guess it doesn’t matter who Trump is, as long as he carries the banner of “God, Guns and Country.”

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3117
Joined  19-01-2015

09 July 2020 23:38

When people (like me) diagnose Trump with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, they get told that they don’t have personal knowledge of Trump and no medical expertiese.

Mary L. Trump has both, and she confirms everything we expected and more.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

10 July 2020 11:29

Cheshire Cat - 09 July 2020 12:41 PM

The book makes a number of allegations that Ms. Trump depicts as family secrets, among them a claim that a young Donald Trump paid someone to take his SAT, the standardized test used for college admissions. It also alleges that Mr. Trump’s sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, a former federal judge, considered him “a clown” who had “no principles” and that the Trump family left Fred Trump Jr. unattended at a hospital on the night that he died.

In her book, Ms. Trump seeks to explain how Donald Trump’s position in one of New York’s wealthiest and most infamous real-estate empires helped him acquire what Ms. Trump has referred to as “twisted behaviors” — attributes like seeing other people in “monetary terms” and practicing “cheating as a way of life.”

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist, calls her grandfather — the president’s father, Fred Trump Sr. — a “sociopath” who damaged his children. His father’s behavior, she concludes, led the president to adopt bullying and other aggressive behaviors to mask his own insecurities.

https://tinyurl.com/ycon3ekx

The truly sad thing about this book, and all the others that have come before it, including John Bolton’s recent one, is that none of these revelations are a surprise. There’s nothing shocking or new here. Trump is a very transparent human being.

And yet, 35 to 40 percent of the country are either delusional about who he really is, or choose to look the other way. I guess it doesn’t matter who Trump is, as long as he carries the banner of “God, Guns and Country.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident . . . “

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/spycatcher/201208/dangerous-cult-leaders  -  50 characteristics of a dangerous cult leader.  Notice how many of them describe Trump, and how many of them were self-evident before the 2016 election. 

Notice what David Remnick, editor of the New Yorker said in a BBC December 2016 interview:

quote:  “He still has no intention of showing the American people what his tax returns look like. His temperament - which is a very important thing in a president - it’s completely opposite of the temperament you’d like to see in your grown children. It traffics in hatred, in petulance, in resentment. It’s ruled by tweet.

quote continued:  “I understand, completely and utterly, this is a divided country - ideologically and in many other ways. I know that people of my political ilk are not going to win every election - to not reconcile yourself to that is to be a child. But this is something different. This is not Mitt Romney winning in 2012 or John McCain in 2008.”  -  David Remnick

Then there’s the Jimmy Kimmel street interview -  “What will it take for Trump to lose your vote?”  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-PHPMPXnQA

Of the 63 million who voted for this travesty, I wonder how many will go all the way and drink the kool aid?  Are there any Magda Goebbels in the inner circle? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magda_Goebbels

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10086
Joined  20-10-2006

11 July 2020 11:37

Or they are just as much of an asshole as Trump, and he validates their assholiness/assholitude/assholism(?).

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

11 July 2020 11:58

Skipshot - 11 July 2020 11:37 AM

Or they are just as much of an asshole as Trump, and he validates their assholiness/assholitude/assholism(?).

. . .  as long as he carries the banner of “God, Guns and Country” and racism/white supremacy.  https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/white-evangelicals-love-trump-aren-t-confused-about-why-no-ncna1046826

quote from this article:  “White evangelical support for Donald Trump is still at 73 percent, and more than 80 percent of white evangelicals voted for him in 2016.  But focusing on the disconnect between Trump’s personal actions and the moral aspects of their faith misses the issue that keeps their support firm: racism. Modern evangelicals’ support for this president cannot be separated from the history of evangelicals’ participation in and support for racist structures in America.”

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5399
Joined  28-05-2009

11 July 2020 23:05

It couldn’t be clearer. This book… insofar as it even registers on the radar of Trump supporters will be characterized as another elaborate scheme to take a great man down. By people who won’t ever even read it.

And of course I must repeat my usual chorus. His supporters don’t love him in spite of his flaws. It’s his toxicity that is the draw. At least at the level of his public appearances. The awful and confrontational remarks are the draw in the first place.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

17 July 2020 12:14

Brick Bungalow - 11 July 2020 11:05 PM

It couldn’t be clearer. This book… insofar as it even registers on the radar of Trump supporters will be characterized as another elaborate scheme to take a great man down. By people who won’t ever even read it.

And of course I must repeat my usual chorus. His supporters don’t love him in spite of his flaws. It’s his toxicity that is the draw. At least at the level of his public appearances. The awful and confrontational remarks are the draw in the first place.

A leader who promotes their brand of ‘Rush Limbaugh’ knowledge and values?  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/our-humanity-naturally/201503/is-american-patriotism-getting-out-hand

quote from this Psychology Today article:  “This staggering lack of knowledge, combined with a blind and emotional patriotism, is a formula for disaster. The result is a proliferation of uninformed American exceptionalism that is akin to a social narcissism, a self-centered sense of importance and superiority that can have dire consequences.”.