Where are the download links?

netvor

netvor
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-07-2020

12 July 2020 09:41

I’m lagging on MS podcast, so maybe I’ve missed this:  Has Sam explained why audio download links have been removed?

This seems to be against the spirit of previous Sam’s intent—to make the podcast available to the public.  Now even when logged in as supporter (not that it should matter) I still can’t download the audio easily.  (*Technically* I can still download the RSS XML using curl and hack the audio URL out but c’mon be a good host Sam! grin)

And please don’t tell me I should use a different way to listen to the podcast.  I need to be able to listen anywhere, any time, and syncing files manually is the only thing that has worked for me without having to pay hundreds of CZK for data plans.  Also I’ve already found players (Clementine on laptop, Talefish on mobile) that work perfectly for me.

netvor

netvor
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-07-2020

12 July 2020 10:09

I’ve got a reply from sh.o support that it’s been “business decision”.  To try and cut off long-time supporters and listeners unless they convert to *these 6 approved apps*?  (Most if not all are proprietary and/or only run on proprietary OS’s?)

Sorry but that looks like a pretty tall order to me.  For who-knows what gain?