DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  556
Joined  14-09-2017

01 August 2020 18:54

Brick Bungalow - 01 August 2020 10:49 AM
DEGENERATEON - 30 July 2020 01:45 PM
mapadofu - 29 July 2020 09:27 AM

The person in the video wasn’t a crowd.  He was one person, and if I recall correctly there were three agents.  They should have arrested him, not beat him (if in fact he was breaking the law).

In post 30 you put the order as first get the people to leave, which in this instance involved a beating with batons, and then arrest people.  You quoted yourself from a different post, which is fine, it’s just that in the more recent post, you seem to be endorsing a policy where the first option is the use of force and actually using our legal system is only considered if that doesn’t work.

He was one person, but there were other people around and an assumption I made was that a ‘clear area’ alert preceded the interaction.  It seems to me that the “use force then arrest” policy may be standard in a riot situation - hence tear gas before trying to arrest everyone.  I stated I wasn’t sold that this was an unjust use of force - not that it was obviously justified.  What if they just used the pepper spray?  Would you still be convinced this was an egregious use of force?

Regardless of differences in politics or allegiances to institutions or how people interpret the information in short video clips you are simply wrong on point of fact. Riot police and especially the federally deputized riot police instigate violence against people posing no physical threat all the time. Most commonly they attack people for filming them. This happens nightly. It’s not out of fear but out of anger. They don’t like the exposure. Ask them about it. You have the luxury of refusing to accept that. The people who live there do not.

I suppose that’s why the protesters destroyed businesses and looted and caused millions in damage?  The feds weren’t around these buildings.  Did you watch the video I linked?  “Put that goddamn fire out!  This is a black owned business- black lives matter!”
That’s weird.  The police are attacking these innocent people to such a degree that the only recourse is to destroy and loot local businesses.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7334
Joined  15-02-2007

02 August 2020 14:30

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/white-supremacists-posing-as-blm-protesters-instigated-richmond-riots-police/

Peaceful protests interrupted by violent white supremacist infiltrators.

Says a lot.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5445
Joined  28-05-2009

02 August 2020 16:48

DEGENERATEON - 01 August 2020 06:54 PM
Brick Bungalow - 01 August 2020 10:49 AM
DEGENERATEON - 30 July 2020 01:45 PM
mapadofu - 29 July 2020 09:27 AM

The person in the video wasn’t a crowd.  He was one person, and if I recall correctly there were three agents.  They should have arrested him, not beat him (if in fact he was breaking the law).

In post 30 you put the order as first get the people to leave, which in this instance involved a beating with batons, and then arrest people.  You quoted yourself from a different post, which is fine, it’s just that in the more recent post, you seem to be endorsing a policy where the first option is the use of force and actually using our legal system is only considered if that doesn’t work.

He was one person, but there were other people around and an assumption I made was that a ‘clear area’ alert preceded the interaction.  It seems to me that the “use force then arrest” policy may be standard in a riot situation - hence tear gas before trying to arrest everyone.  I stated I wasn’t sold that this was an unjust use of force - not that it was obviously justified.  What if they just used the pepper spray?  Would you still be convinced this was an egregious use of force?

Regardless of differences in politics or allegiances to institutions or how people interpret the information in short video clips you are simply wrong on point of fact. Riot police and especially the federally deputized riot police instigate violence against people posing no physical threat all the time. Most commonly they attack people for filming them. This happens nightly. It’s not out of fear but out of anger. They don’t like the exposure. Ask them about it. You have the luxury of refusing to accept that. The people who live there do not.

I suppose that’s why the protesters destroyed businesses and looted and caused millions in damage?  The feds weren’t around these buildings.  Did you watch the video I linked?  “Put that goddamn fire out!  This is a black owned business- black lives matter!”
That’s weird.  The police are attacking these innocent people to such a degree that the only recourse is to destroy and loot local businesses.

. The overt fallacy and falsehood you derive from your game of mix and match has already been explained sufficiently for anyone with a real desire to pay attention. It’s clear that you are more interested in winning an argument than you are in investigating the actual facts. Your persistent mis naming and dysphemism gives this away. Even the police reports are capable of making the distinction between a vandal and a protester.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  556
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 20:19

Not quite ready to eat crow - seems riots are still being declared almost nightly.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3145
Joined  19-01-2015

07 August 2020 23:33

DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 08:19 PM

Not quite ready to eat crow - seems riots are still being declared almost nightly.

...by FOX, DHS and Trump, not local police departments

‹ First  < 2 3 4