1 2 3 >  Last ›

George Floyd resisted arrest

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  548
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 14:11

If the officer’s bodycam transcripts weren’t enough to convince you, then the video is now available.  It’s almost like there’s a trend with the narrative surrounding these cases.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rk559iNM2kk

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  900
Joined  20-07-2017

06 August 2020 14:45

Thus it’s ok to kill him.  Got it.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  306
Joined  19-06-2020

06 August 2020 15:19

DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 02:11 PM

If the officer’s bodycam transcripts weren’t enough to convince you, then the video is now available.  It’s almost like there’s a trend with the narrative surrounding these cases.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rk559iNM2kk

Justin,

What specifically did you see in the footage that caused you to believe the officers were acting correctly?

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  2171
Joined  14-08-2008

06 August 2020 15:28

There’s nothing that Floyd did in your video or any video or any transcript that warrants an officer of the law (assisted by 3 other officers) kneeling on an unarmed and handcuffed man’s neck for the crime of passing a counterfeit bill. Period. Furthermore, whether or not Floyd had drugs in his system is irrelevant. Chauvin didn’t know that, but even if he did know it STILL doesn’t justify his actions. That Floyd said he would rather be on the ground is also irrelevant. I’m pretty sure Floyd wasn’t inviting the officer to kneel on his neck. Moreover, asking to be on the ground would prove even MORE that Floyd wasn’t a threat, as he was willing to be submissive. And finally, the fact that the Minneapolis PD may have endorsed a knee to the neck as a restraint is also irrelevant. The circumstances of Floyd’s situation clearly didn’t demand such aggressive “restraint.” And for crissake, if 4 trained officers can’t corral a handcuffed man into a car then they don’t deserve to be police officers. 

The fact that somebody went through the mental gymnastics of putting together this video in order to somehow justify or minimize the actions of the officers while smearing Floyd is pretty disgusting. There’s only one video you need to see. And we’ve all seen it. A man who, regardless of what you may think of him, harmed nobody and was not a threat was slowly and callously murdered over a span of eight minutes and forty six seconds by someone sworn to protect citizens. 

Ron

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3650
Joined  26-03-2013

06 August 2020 15:46

There’s a trend alright.  That link held nothing new or compelling that hasn’t already been discussed and speculated about at length.  The running commentary is deciding for us what we are watching and what it means.  Then prepares us for the likely acquittal of those police officers and certain rioting that will ensue as a result. 

It avails nothing.  You’ve been poisoned is all.  And no one is coming to suck the poison out, sir.  You just have to stop drinking it.

Feel better champ.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 16:29

It seems that none of you can accept what is clearly presented to you - as obvious as anything could possibly be.  George Floyd resisted arrest.  Period.  Yet none of you can accept that fact, instead moving the discussion to something else.  I’ve already stated I don’t agree with the knee to the neck for 9 minutes.  But the overwhelming narrative is that he didn’t resist, even after the transcripts were released- it was just something people wouldn’t accept.  And obviously still won’t accept.  Most of you probably believe the “hands up don’t shoot” narrative, or are sympathetic to Mike Brown.  Yet I have been poisoned for stating FACT.  I don’t know how delusional you have to be to think someone stating facts has been poisoned.  Nice logical arguments folks.  He resisted arrest, and by god you will not accept it.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Joined  19-06-2020

06 August 2020 17:25

DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 04:29 PM

It seems that none of you can accept what is clearly presented to you - as obvious as anything could possibly be.  George Floyd resisted arrest.  Period.  Yet none of you can accept that fact, instead moving the discussion to something else.  I’ve already stated I don’t agree with the knee to the neck for 9 minutes.  But the overwhelming narrative is that he didn’t resist, even after the transcripts were released- it was just something people wouldn’t accept.  And obviously still won’t accept.  Most of you probably believe the “hands up don’t shoot” narrative, or are sympathetic to Mike Brown.  Yet I have been poisoned for stating FACT.  I don’t know how delusional you have to be to think someone stating facts has been poisoned.  Nice logical arguments folks.  He resisted arrest, and by god you will not accept it.

What is the time code of the body footage cam that convinced you?  Assuming you watched the footage, this shouldn’t be that hard to identify.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 17:39

weird buffalo - 06 August 2020 05:25 PM

What is the time code of the body footage cam that convinced you?  Assuming you watched the footage, this shouldn’t be that hard to identify.

You can’t accept the truth.  Anyone with any sense of what resisting arrest is can obviously see it.  Assuming you watched the footage, it should be obvious.  But your mind will not accept that FACT. 
It’s your hivemind computer software.  “George Floyd murdered by racist cop” is the standard.
Sam Harris:  “It’s not obvious that this was intentional, or that this had anything to do with race.”
HIVEMIND COMPUTER:  INPUT DOES NOT MATCH NARRATIVE- PRINT “SAM HARRIS IS POISONED”
“George Floyd has a violent criminal background”
HIVEMIND COMPUTER:  INPUT DOES NOT MATCH NARRATIVE- PRINT “YOU HAVE BEEN POISONED”
Degen:  “George Floyd obviously resisted arrest”
HIVEMIND COMPUTER:  INPUT DOES NOT MATCH NARRATIVE- PRINT “YOU HAVE BEEN POISONED”

We don’t want to get the story straight, because the narrative might suffer.  The facts don’t matter.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 17:56

MrRon - 06 August 2020 03:28 PM

There’s nothing that Floyd did in your video or any video or any transcript that warrants an officer of the law (assisted by 3 other officers) kneeling on an unarmed and handcuffed man’s neck for the crime of passing a counterfeit bill. Period. Furthermore, whether or not Floyd had drugs in his system is irrelevant. Chauvin didn’t know that, but even if he did know it STILL doesn’t justify his actions. That Floyd said he would rather be on the ground is also irrelevant. I’m pretty sure Floyd wasn’t inviting the officer to kneel on his neck. Moreover, asking to be on the ground would prove even MORE that Floyd wasn’t a threat, as he was willing to be submissive. And finally, the fact that the Minneapolis PD may have endorsed a knee to the neck as a restraint is also irrelevant. The circumstances of Floyd’s situation clearly didn’t demand such aggressive “restraint.” And for crissake, if 4 trained officers can’t corral a handcuffed man into a car then they don’t deserve to be police officers. 

The fact that somebody went through the mental gymnastics of putting together this video in order to somehow justify or minimize the actions of the officers while smearing Floyd is pretty disgusting. There’s only one video you need to see. And we’ve all seen it. A man who, regardless of what you may think of him, harmed nobody and was not a threat was slowly and callously murdered over a span of eight minutes and forty six seconds by someone sworn to protect citizens. 

Ron

So do you find Sam Harris’s evaluation equally disgusting?  He finds it hard to believe Chauvan intended to kill Floyd or that this was a racist act.  Why are you commenting on his site after such a vile assertion?  He’s trying to justify Floyds murder and here you are on his website.  So maybe the charge of intent won’t pass the legal standard (according to Harris).  Will you boycott this site?

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 17:58

mapadofu - 06 August 2020 02:45 PM

That’s a strange assumption mapa.  I’ve stated (and believe) the contrary, but nice job of summing your view up.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 18:29

LadyJane - 06 August 2020 03:46 PM

There’s a trend alright.  That link held nothing new or compelling that hasn’t already been discussed and speculated about at length.  The running commentary is deciding for us what we are watching and what it means.  Then prepares us for the likely acquittal of those police officers and certain rioting that will ensue as a result. 

It avails nothing.  You’ve been poisoned is all.  And no one is coming to suck the poison out, sir.  You just have to stop drinking it.

Feel better champ.

LJ, why do you administer a site owned by Sam Harris?  How can you associate yourself with such a person clearly poisoned by thinking outside of the false narrative?
I assume you’re old enough to remember the OJ case clearly enough.  Do you remember the crowds of people ready to riot if a guilty verdict was reached?  Because I saw it all, and I can assure you that people were going to fuck shit up had he been found guilty.  Then he was found not guilty, and there were no riots.  I guess justice was served because we didn’t have to deal with the rage of the mob.  If we call Chauvans intent into question (as Harris has), then maybe there is justification for him to be found not guilty of that charge.  But it seems you’ll feel satisfaction at the scene of chaos and mayhem should that happen.  To you, it will be just.

mapadofu

mapadofu
Joined  20-07-2017

06 August 2020 18:53

DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 05:58 PM

That’s a strange assumption mapa.  I’ve stated (and believe) the contrary, but nice job of summing your view up.

If you agree he was wrongfully killed, then there is no point in bringing up the idea that he had resisted. 

If your point was to re-emphasize that the cops shouldn’t be killing people even if the suspect resists, you didn’t make that point explicit.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

06 August 2020 19:20

mapadofu - 06 August 2020 06:53 PM
DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 05:58 PM

If you agree he was wrongfully killed, then there is no point in bringing up the idea that he had resisted. 

If your point was to re-emphasize that the cops shouldn’t be killing people even if the suspect resists, you didn’t make that point explicit.

I agree that there is certainly something wrong with the video that was available from the beginning.  To say there is no point in discussing the entirety of what happened is strange.  Did Chauvan throw Floyd to the ground and kneel on his neck for no reason other than he was black?  Or is there more to the story?  What happened?  Does it appear that Chauvan intentionally murdered Floyd for no reason?  Everything that happened is relevant to charges against all of the officers.  Not only that, people need to know the truth - the entirety of the circumstances. 

Edit:  there is still something wrong with the video available from the beginning.  But the events that preceded that video are not only relevant but critical to a full understanding of what happened.

[ Edited: 06 August 2020 19:27 by DEGENERATEON]

mapadofu

mapadofu
Joined  20-07-2017

06 August 2020 20:12

Ok, sure the full story - a story that ends with Mr. Floyd dead on the street.  No problem there.  Your initial post did not discuss the entirety of what happened: you brought up what Mr. Floyd did, but didn’t include what the police officers did.  Thus, it seemed like you were trying to justify this death.  If you had mentioned that you think his death wasn’t justified, then I wouldn’t have drawn the conclusion that you’re looking for a way to justify it.

So a more complete story might be Floyd resisted, the officers got him under control (handcuffed, on the ground) and then one of them continued to kneel on his back until he died. My takeaways from this tragedy aren’t really affected by whether Mr. Floyd had resisted prior to being subdued or not.

[ Edited: 06 August 2020 20:34 by mapadofu]

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Joined  19-06-2020

06 August 2020 22:17

DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 05:39 PM
weird buffalo - 06 August 2020 05:25 PM

You can’t accept the truth.  Anyone with any sense of what resisting arrest is can obviously see it.  Assuming you watched the footage, it should be obvious.  But your mind will not accept that FACT. 
It’s your hivemind computer software.  “George Floyd murdered by racist cop” is the standard.
Sam Harris:  “It’s not obvious that this was intentional, or that this had anything to do with race.”
HIVEMIND COMPUTER:  INPUT DOES NOT MATCH NARRATIVE- PRINT “SAM HARRIS IS POISONED”
“George Floyd has a violent criminal background”
Degen:  “George Floyd obviously resisted arrest”

We don’t want to get the story straight, because the narrative might suffer.  The facts don’t matter.

If you want to insult me instead of having a discussion, I guess that’s an option.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  2171
Joined  14-08-2008

07 August 2020 06:53

DEGENERATEON - 06 August 2020 05:56 PM
MrRon - 06 August 2020 03:28 PM

Ron

So do you find Sam Harris’s evaluation equally disgusting?  He finds it hard to believe Chauvan intended to kill Floyd or that this was a racist act.  Why are you commenting on his site after such a vile assertion?  He’s trying to justify Floyds murder and here you are on his website.  So maybe the charge of intent won’t pass the legal standard (according to Harris).  Will you boycott this site?

I honestly wasn’t aware of Sam’s take on this subject I tend to pay more attention to his talks on the religious issues than the ever changing social/political issues. And at the end of the day I only have so much time to devote to web forums anyway, so hanging on Sam’s (or anyone’s) every single word on every single subject is not my thing. But that’s irrelevant. YOU’RE the one who started this thread and YOU’RE the one I’m responding to. If Sam wants to have a discussion with me directly then I’m all for it. I’ve been on this site for over a decade and I have no intention of boycotting. To what end? 

At any rate, what I’m talking about is not whether the Floyd murder was a racist act (it may or may not have been) – it’s whether or not a non-violent, unarmed, handcuffed man in the custody of not one but FOUR trained officers of the law sworn to protect citizens should die a slow and likely excruciating death at the knee of one of those officers. There’s just no justification for that, don’t you agree?

Ron

1 2 3 >  Last ›