Lawmaker encourages constituents to burn and loot BLM homes

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10154
Joined  20-10-2006

09 September 2020 18:39

Updated: September 5, 2020 - 11:19 AM
In a now-deleted Facebook post, a New Hampshire state representative condoned vandalizing homes of people who advocate for the value of Black people’s lives.

“Public Service Announcement: If you see a [Black Lives Matter] sign on a lawn, it’s the same as having a porch light on at Halloween. You are free to burn and loot that house,” New Hampshire Rep. James Spillane wrote, according to The Associated Press.

The Republican legislator, who represents the cities of Candia, Deerfield and Nottingham in the State House, is now being investigated by the New Hampshire attorney general to determine if he violated the New Hampshire Civil Rights Act.

Source

The first question which comes to my mind is, if he believes what he wrote then why did he take it down?  Is there something wrong with an elected lawmaker unilaterally declaring open-season on people with which you disagree?  I suppose if he can make such a declaration with impunity, then so can anyone.  So let’s have some fun with it.

“Public Service Announcement: If you see a [Trump 2020] sign on a lawn, it’s the same as having a porch light on at Halloween. You are free to burn and loot that house.”

“Public Service Announcement: If you see a [Jewish] sign on a lawn, it’s the same as having a porch light on at Halloween. You are free to burn and loot that house.”

“Public Service Announcement: If you see a [Confederate] sign on a lawn, it’s the same as having a porch light on at Halloween. You are free to burn and loot that house.”

Like a bigot, he didn’t think this one through very well.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  01-11-2014

09 September 2020 19:21

I think Rep. Spillane should have stayed old school:

“Public Service Announcement: If you see a [Black Lives Matter] sign on a lawn, it’s the same as having a porch light on at Halloween. You are free to burn a cross on the lawn of that house.”

You know, stay with the tried and true classics.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10154
Joined  20-10-2006

10 September 2020 02:06

Cheshire Cat - 09 September 2020 07:21 PM

I think Rep. Spillane should have stayed old school:

“Public Service Announcement: If you see a [Black Lives Matter] sign on a lawn, it’s the same as having a porch light on at Halloween. You are free to burn a cross on the lawn of that house.”

You know, stay with the tried and true classics.

Nice modification.