Long time first time

coreymorrow

coreymorrow
Total Posts:  4
Joined  26-03-2014

21 September 2020 11:34

Hey all,

Wow these forums are big. And old - throwback to circa 2001 feels. I’ve been reading/listening to Sam (and his fantastic podcast guests) for many years and just decided it’s time to be a little more connected to others that gravitate towards this type of content. I have a few questions for those more experienced, and also figure I might as well throw out a few bones about myself since this is an introduction section.

Questions:
1) Where does one post podcast guest requests? Is that fielded through here, reddit, or both? I’d love to hear a conversation between Sam Harris and Daniel Schmactenberger on existential risk, social progress, etc.
2) Can’t seem get a new avatar by doing standard clicky business which the change in mouse icon suggests should work. Chrome error?

A bit about me:
* 33 year old male / bay area CA / M.A. organization development / B.A. art / been an entrepreneur and solopreneur (now org design/development consultant) most of my career / owned a tea shop and wine bar specializing in pure leaf Chinese teas and old world wines / certified sommelier and brain-based coach
* atheist, center-left
* interested in systems thinking, social ecosystems, connectedness in the modern world, culture change, behavioral biology, the (now even more burning) need for a shared moral landscape, and the unlikelihood of that happening without some major shared obstacle or opportunity.
* less interested in political debate, faith bashing, unnecessary drama
* been meditating for 28 years, various types, grew up in the TM cult in Fairfield, Iowa

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6975
Joined  22-02-2005

21 September 2020 17:14

Greetings, Mr. Morrow and welcome to the forum. This site started Xmas eve 2004 to be exact.

We have a Guest Suggestion thread but The Boss does not look at it. Or any of this stuff. We carry on anyway.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10836
Joined  20-10-2006

21 September 2020 18:50

coreymorrow - 21 September 2020 11:34 AM

. . . owned a tea shop and wine bar specializing in pure leaf Chinese teas and old world wines. . .

With that alone, I think we’ll get along just fine.  Beers are in the fridge, help yourself.

coreymorrow

coreymorrow
Total Posts:  4
Joined  26-03-2014

24 September 2020 20:11

Thanks mates. smile

With that alone, I think we’ll get along just fine.  Beers are in the fridge, help yourself.

Will do!

Greetings, Mr. Morrow and welcome to the forum.

Thank you Nhoj. I appreciate the orientation and look forward to making the rounds.