Will Trump be removed via the 25th Amendment?

Potato

Potato
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-01-2021

09 January 2021 23:19

I think this is the Sword of Damocles that will drop if Trump doesn’t cooperate through Jan 20.

The Holy Pence has been offered his dream:  President of the United States- the 46th, to be exact.  Will he accept this temptation and bow before Satan, so to speak?

Sometimes I feel like I’m watching pro-wrestling.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3238
Joined  19-01-2015

09 January 2021 23:36

not unless he does something else outrageous.

Of course, knowing Trump, he almost certainly will try.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5512
Joined  28-05-2009

09 January 2021 23:41

It’s unclear how it would happen given the resignations in the cabinet and Pences pledge not to support such a move.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10451
Joined  20-10-2006

10 January 2021 00:46

The easy money is on No because 71 million people voted for Trump and Republicans would be foolish to throw away those votes.  How many of those 71 million would still vote for Trump?  I don’t know, but going by Trump’s claim to shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose a vote, and having 330,000 Americans die of COVID in nine months on his watch, and the general authoritarianism and casual cruelty of Republicans who would kill and die for Trump, and how Antifa is being blamed for the capitol riot while at the same time minimizing the riot as a minor disturbance with less property damage than the Floyd riots, I put the number of votes he lost close to one million.  There are very few signs Trump has been abandoned by his party, and at best the Republican leadership will pretend to care about the riot by sending their thoughts and prayers.

Will Trump be impeached?  Very likely, yes, but not convicted for the same reasons above.  Republicans will impeach for a Democrat with an erection, but not for a Republican leading an insurrection.

Edit:  corrected number of COVID deaths to be in thousands.

[ Edited: 10 January 2021 22:30 by Skipshot]

EN

EN
Total Posts:  22133
Joined  11-03-2007

10 January 2021 15:34

You are watching pro wrestling.  But there is no 25th Amendment in that sport.  It’s just an endless stream of bull shit.