A Good Dish on Trump’s Favorite Dishes, Etc.

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3769
Joined  26-01-2010

21 February 2021 04:13

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/02/19/trump-hotel-employees-tell-all-what-it-was-really-like-serving-right-wing-elite/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

No one sat at Trump’s table except the President, his children, and, occasionally, an approved member of his inner circle like Rudy Giuliani or Mike Pence.

As soon as Trump was seated, the server had to “discreetly present” a mini bottle of Purell hand sanitizer. (This applied long before Covid, mind you.) Next, cue dialogue: “Good (time of day) Mr. President. Would you like your Diet Coke with or without ice?” the server was instructed to recite.

Trump himself never returned a plate, but if he was disappointed, you can bet the complaint would travel down the ranks. Like the time the President questioned why his dining companion had a bigger steak. The restaurant already special-ordered super-sized shrimp just for him and no one else. Next time, they’d better beef up the beef.

A tray of junk food needed to be available for every Trump visit: Lay’s potato chips (specifically, sour cream and onion), Milky Way, Snickers, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Tic Tacs, gummy bears, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Nutter Butters, Tootsie Rolls, chocolate-covered raisins, and Pop-Secret.

Now, though, the Washington hotel is in the process of figuring out its next act. In 2019, the Trump Organization started trying to unload it for a reported $500 million—a number that industry pros reportedly balked at even before Covid devastated the hospitality world.

Catering to the right-wing bigwigs was less about showering them with freebies (although former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and his wife might be greeted with complimentary bubbly) and more about highly customized service to feed their egos. The staff kept extensive notes on everyone who was anyone.

Williamson, who joined BLT in early 2018 and worked there two years, found that food purveyors with whom he’d had great relationships were suddenly sending him rotten produce and subpar cuts of meat and fish. “I had to double- and triple-check a lot of this product,” says Williamson, who now operates a boutique butcher shop in Mount Pleasant. “I guarantee someone in that warehouse picking this product saw where it was going and was like, ‘Oh, f— it, give ’em this stuff.’ ”

Meh, who really cares if any of it is true?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  22223
Joined  11-03-2007

21 February 2021 17:59

Whether true or not, it’s entirely believable.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  976
Joined  19-06-2020

21 February 2021 22:23

Yeah, I’m not surprised.  Also… kinda don’t care.  I’m interested in the criminal investigations.  The petty shit helped sustain a little during his administration, but now I just want him to go away… preferably in a jump suit.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3287
Joined  19-01-2015

22 February 2021 03:56

It is well documented that Trump thinks he is going to get poisoned at any moment - hence the demand to have all bottles opened in fron of his eyes, and his penchant for fast food (“they can’t poison everyone”).

EN

EN
Total Posts:  22223
Joined  11-03-2007

22 February 2021 08:34

SCOTUS just ruled that the NY prosecutor can have his tax returns.  Now we can see if he claimed deductions for Big Macs.