Total Posts:  8263
Joined  15-02-2007

21 April 2021 11:14

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  2447
Joined  14-08-2008

21 April 2021 12:55

Good indeed. I live in CT so this resonates with me. I will say that CT is a weird state politically. We’re typically a blue state, but man, there sure are LOTS of conservatives and Trump lovers (my entire family included). And the Republicans in the state absolutely hate CT (for the very fact that we are typically a blue state). They’re always bitching and moaning about wanting to move to (solidly red) North Carolina or Florida. Always those two states - NC and Florida.

Anyway, more info on the bill:

* If the bill clears the Senate and is signed into law, Connecticut would become the sixth state without a religious exemption. New York, Maine, Mississippi, West Virginia and California do not have the vaccine exemption; 45 states and Washington D.C. do, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

* The measure would not force children to be immunized; children in day care and pre-kindergarten, along with those entering the school system in the future, would be home schooled if their parents choose not to vaccinate them for religious reasons.

Ron