< 1 2 3 4 5 > 

The Real X Files

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  1923
Joined  19-06-2020

30 May 2021 17:53

They seem unlikely to even fit the category of physical objects based on how they’ve been described.

At 63% of the speed of sound, you generate enough friction with the air to start causing a significant increase in temperature.  The concorde plane used to have a hull temperature of about 100 degrees celsius, or the boiling point of water, and the concorde traveled at speeds much lower than it is purported these objects traveled.  Since we have infrared cameras of these objects with zero apparent heat increase (plus no heat emissions from whatever means of locomotion they’re using), these objects are not obeying very well established truths about physics.  Could the object itself have some amazing technology inside of it?  Sure.  But the air around it is still air, and there would still be some amount of temperature increase in the air itself due to this friction.

Since the air around the object would need to be violating the laws of physics, it is much more likely that it wasn’t a physical object, and hence no law of physics was broken.

[ Edited: 30 May 2021 17:59 by weird buffalo]

Rick Robson

Rick Robson
Total Posts:  119
Joined  22-09-2017

31 May 2021 05:51

By force of adverse circumstances in my life, the last time I posted on SH Board was on the Physics section but a long time ago. But I’ve long been as well following the UFO (now UAP) phenomenon subject since 2003 when a huge collective sighting was witnessed also by me and published in my county’s official website.

Given today’s circumstances with respect to all the disclosures by the Pentagon and the Department of Defense, no doubt to me this subject deserves an open investigation by anyone of us—thanks to some former pioneering requests of FOIA the UFO/UAP subject has come to such a big headlines everywhere these days.

Next month is a deadline for the Pentagon to release more from what they still have classified, and lately there has been increasingly officially certified leaked recorded footages of what they consider probable threats to National Security.

This last time though, precisely just yesterday, the DoD released the YT video below as an interesting demonstration of today’s military drones’ capabilities, there’s also a press release. It’s precisely a Perdix Micro-UAV swarm demonstration held at China Lake, California, on Oct. 26, 2016.

October 2016 Department of Defense Drone Swarm Demonstration, China Lake, California (12 hours ago)
https://youtu.be/ZyZh5jvLu14

But, what I’m still trying to figure out here is their purpose behind the releasing of that video. I don’t buy the story that the DoD is trying to strategically influence people with that video (for afterwards trying to pass them off as UFO swarms). What about their noise? What a nasty sound….
No wonder we’re going to look silly by assuming the Navy sightings are advanced versions of those drones.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1931
Joined  01-11-2014

31 May 2021 17:07

weird buffalo - 30 May 2021 05:53 PM

Since the air around the object would need to be violating the laws of physics, it is much more likely that it wasn’t a physical object, and hence no law of physics was broken.

Interesting idea, weird. Perhaps they are projections or holograms? Yet, they also get pinged by radar and there is some evidence that they disturb the surface of the ocean, so in many instances they behave like solid objects.

Rick Robson - 31 May 2021 05:51 AM

But, what I’m still trying to figure out here is their purpose behind the releasing of that video. I don’t buy the story that the DoD is trying to strategically influence people with that video (for afterwards trying to pass them off as UFO swarms). What about their noise? What a nasty sound….
No wonder we’re going to look silly by assuming the Navy sightings are advanced versions of those drones.

It is interesting what they are doing with drones these days. I guess that drone swarm would be used to gather field data on the positions of enemy soldiers and weapons. But as you say, they are a far cry from the extreme behavior of the UAPs.

I’d be curious to hear about the collective sighting you witnessed in 2003, Rick, if you care to tell.

I’ve been wondering why all this UAP stuff is getting released at this moment. Are these UAP sightings becoming too numerous, with our military detecting them too often, to simply ignore anymore?

Could the government be preparing the citizenry of the United States to psychologically accept the notion that we are being visited by objects of unknown origins and capabilities, objects which we cannot stop, objects whose purpose is unknown, objects that may not even be from this planet? Is the military voluntarily pulling back the curtain to expose the fact that they cannot protect us from these UAPs and are acknowledging it? This would seem to be a counter intuitive strategy, especially since the US has always striven to project an image of military prowess and invincibility. Perhaps the people at the top in the Pentagon and the DOD are at odds with each other about what to do and what to say about it?

Regardless, the Congress has started an inquiry and the ball will ultimately be in their court in June. Get the popcorn ready; it could be a fun ride.

Rick Robson

Rick Robson
Joined  22-09-2017

31 May 2021 21:12

[ Edited: 03 June 2021 08:21 by Rick Robson]

Rick Robson

Rick Robson
Joined  22-09-2017

31 May 2021 21:22

Cheshire Cat - 31 May 2021 05:07 PM
Rick Robson - 31 May 2021 05:51 AM

I’ve been wondering why all this UAP stuff is getting released at this moment. Are these UAP sightings becoming too numerous, with our military detecting them too often, to simply ignore anymore?

Could the government be preparing the citizenry of the United States to psychologically accept the notion that we are being visited by objects of unknown origins and capabilities, objects which we cannot stop, objects whose purpose is unknown, objects that may not even be from this planet? Is the military voluntarily pulling back the curtain to expose the fact that they cannot protect us from these UAPs and are acknowledging it? This would seem to be a counter intuitive strategy, especially since the US has always striven to project an image of military prowess and invincibility. Perhaps the people at the top in the Pentagon and the DOD are at odds with each other about what to do and what to say about it?

Regardless, the Congress has started an inquiry and the ball will ultimately be in their court in June. Get the popcorn ready; it could be a fun ride.

I also wondered for a time about the same interesting points and aspects you are wondering now here. But, today I concluded that both the U.S. Military and Government officials were always aware of the existence of UAPs. And, thus far, only for a brief time in 1952 they assumed them as a potential threat to National Security (the press conference by Maj. Gen. John A. Stamford: https://youtu.be/3XdsR2DhzKU ). So, in my opinion, if they are really foreign aircrafts/spacecrafts, still they are pretty far from posing any potential threat to National Security. I agree with your good point about David Fravor. And right on, who are us to not take his word for it?

However, given the way things have been unfolding as of late, I’m pretty sure the Pentagon and Dod have been long preparing logistically for maintaining their historically huge military budget safe under the new Biden era. A trillion $$ doesn’t go as far as it used to you know…. So I can’t wait to see this upcoming dog and pony show next month. And yes, it could be a fun ride but for them, not for the American people, IMO.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9945
Joined  20-02-2006

01 June 2021 11:59

The Day the Earth Stood Still.  IMHO - It won’t come from outer space.  https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/infrastructure-security/perspective-cyber-and-physical-threats-to-the-u-s-power-grid-and-keeping-the-lights-on/

Can $800 billion military budget prevent such an attack?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/tag/cyber-attacks

[ Edited: 01 June 2021 12:06 by unsmoked]

Rick Robson

Rick Robson
Joined  22-09-2017

01 June 2021 13:20

unsmoked - 01 June 2021 11:59 AM

The Day the Earth Stood Still.  IMHO - It won’t come from outer space.  https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/infrastructure-security/perspective-cyber-and-physical-threats-to-the-u-s-power-grid-and-keeping-the-lights-on/

Can $800 billion military budget prevent such an attack?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/tag/cyber-attacks

Right on, so true that. I guess Tymothy Wintch is just reinforcing what’s undoubtedly long been a BIG matter of concern both for the DoD and the federal government. The U.S. Energy distribution infrastructure would indeed much likely be the target for those who today are posing potential threat to National Security.

Hopefully Robert M. Lee (CEO of cybersecurity firm Dragos, Inc.) is totally right when explained that even if a cyber intruder gains access to an ICS system, they would not necessarily know what to do to cause damage, and this could limit the potential destructive nature of a cyberattack by many hackers. A successful cyberattack by a nation-state like China or Russia would need to leverage ICS experts to fully manipulate the U.S. energy controls effectively. I hope he’s right here too: “yet Russia and China are unlikely to be motivated to execute a cyberattack resulting in widespread damage to the U.S. power grid due to the political consequences such a hostile act would likely guarantee.”

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6670
Joined  31-01-2012

03 June 2021 09:38

The aliens are laughing. They know we know that everything on the planet is subject to imaging and manipulation - even deep into the earth’s crust. Yet we still think that our skulls magically put our brains off limits.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  2447
Joined  14-08-2008

04 June 2021 09:19

Breaking…
Anticipated Government Report Finds No Evidence Of Aliens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zamFLiSJ_fg

mathias

mathias
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-06-2011

09 June 2021 14:34

MrRon - 25 May 2021 06:39 AM
Skipshot - 25 May 2021 01:14 AM
MrRon - 24 May 2021 03:25 PM

Still a giant leap to extraterrestrials though.

This is a good place to stop.  Just because we don’t know does not mean we can give credence to speculation.  I don’t want to believe; I want to know.

Right. I want to know too. But what we can do is assign probabilities to the various hypotheses. Aliens visiting us from another world gets a low probability.

I would disagree here. You can pretty much pick whatever probability you like, because we just have no idea how common civilizations are in the universe. If they are rare, then the probability of ETs visiting should be tiny. But if they’re numerous in our corner of the galaxy, then it wouldn’t be such a stretch to assume they might do what we do - which is to send probes to interesting targets. A breakthrough starshot type of program with somewhat more advanced technology would allow for a systematic investigation of exoplanets within a couple of dozen light years, requiring travel times of a few hundred years at the most. Seems doable if you’re patient and don’t need to worry about re-negotiating your science budget every four years.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Joined  19-06-2020

09 June 2021 15:16

Except again… the air around any craft in our atmosphere still has to obey the laws of physics.  I’m not talking about the craft.  I am talking about the air in our atmosphere.  The air in our atmosphere has not gained technological advancements that allows it to ignore things like friction.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  2447
Joined  14-08-2008

09 June 2021 15:54

mathias - 09 June 2021 02:34 PM
MrRon - 25 May 2021 06:39 AM
Skipshot - 25 May 2021 01:14 AM
MrRon - 24 May 2021 03:25 PM

Still a giant leap to extraterrestrials though.

This is a good place to stop.  Just because we don’t know does not mean we can give credence to speculation.  I don’t want to believe; I want to know.

Right. I want to know too. But what we can do is assign probabilities to the various hypotheses. Aliens visiting us from another world gets a low probability.

I would disagree here. You can pretty much pick whatever probability you like, because we just have no idea how common civilizations are in the universe. If they are rare, then the probability of ETs visiting should be tiny. But if they’re numerous in our corner of the galaxy, then it wouldn’t be such a stretch to assume they might do what we do - which is to send probes to interesting targets. A breakthrough starshot type of program with somewhat more advanced technology would allow for a systematic investigation of exoplanets within a couple of dozen light years, requiring travel times of a few hundred years at the most. Seems doable if you’re patient and don’t need to worry about re-negotiating your science budget every four years.

I was speaking in relative terms to other possible explanations. Any terrestrial explanation automatically gets a higher confidence rating than aliens because we know for a fact that terrestrial phenomena exist.

Ron

Rick Robson

Rick Robson
Joined  22-09-2017

09 June 2021 16:34

weird buffalo - 09 June 2021 03:16 PM

Except again… the air around any craft in our atmosphere still has to obey the laws of physics.  I’m not talking about the craft.  I am talking about the air in our atmosphere.  The air in our atmosphere has not gained technological advancements that allows it to ignore things like friction.

When superconductivity is involved, our atmosphere plays rather a fairly irrelevant role on the interaction between objects in the air/space. Take a load of the quantum physics experiment with magnetic fields featured by this Arvin Ash’s YT video:

How does Superconductivity work at the Quantum level? (2 months ago)

https://youtu.be/vruYFOlM1-Q

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Joined  19-06-2020

09 June 2021 21:37

That video is about electrical resistance in very cold substances.  Are you claiming that the craft that was seen was an electrical pulse?

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9945
Joined  20-02-2006

10 June 2021 13:08

Some of these sightings are probably weather balloons, carrying equipment, showing up on radar and then bursting.  Zipping along on the jet stream from Kamchatka?

During WW2 the Japanese made huge paper balloons to carry bombs to America.  Some are probably still lying in the Pacific NW wilderness.  https://www.npr.org/sections/npr-history-dept/2015/01/20/375820191/beware-of-japanese-balloon-bombs

I’ll guess that there are at least a dozen secret high altitude military devices being tested around the world, mostly by the U.S. which has the biggest military budget.  These are secrets not shared with the pilots who spot them.

This isn’t a conspiracy theory or hints at a deep state - just military business as usual.  Remember Operation Paperclip at the end of WW2?  Nazi scientists and their families brought in comfort to the U.S. to continue their research in nightmare poison gases and biological warfare?  ls China going to tell us if they’re working on something sinister?  Is the U.S.? 

As he witnessed the first detonation of a nuclear weapon on July 16, 1945, a piece of Hindu scripture ran through the mind of Robert Oppenheimer: “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”.

[ Edited: 10 June 2021 13:49 by unsmoked]

< 1 2 3 4 5 >