Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3832
Joined  21-10-2016

12 July 2021 09:17

MrRon - 12 July 2021 06:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIhnzlAh96w

But then again, I have “Satan in me.”

I’ve often suspected as much.  ;-)

Are Americans Just Stupid?  Anti-intellectualism has little to do with intelligence.  (Psychology Today)

“... the correlation between fundamentalist religion and anti-intellectualism cannot be ignored. If strong religious beliefs reject well-established scientific facts that conflict with theological doctrine, intelligent scientific inquiry will not be valued.”

Which sounds to me like there’s been a choice, albeit an unconscious one, and for whatever reason(s), to BE stupid. 

(When I googled, “Why are Americans so stupid”, it was surprising (or maybe not?) how many articles popped up.)

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  4088
Joined  26-03-2013

12 July 2021 11:37

It’s getting less surprising.  When facts no longer matter people just make up their own reality.  And the bar is low which makes scaling it day after day incredibly easy.  They find that very appealing.  It means never having to exercise.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  8255
Joined  15-02-2007

12 July 2021 11:50

If the GOP and Republicans are unable to speak the truth, understand the truth, and critically seek-out the truth - they are destined to continue living (and dying) in ignorance based on lies.  Which plays right into the designs of GOP politicians’ handlers.

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  1262
Joined  20-07-2017

12 July 2021 13:00
Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  8255
Joined  15-02-2007

12 July 2021 13:09

mapadofu - 12 July 2021 01:00 PM

Beau
https://youtu.be/JeHRTT_RfTU

And the worst part: some repubs will actually blame dems for their own misinformed choices and the consequences thereof.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  22622
Joined  11-03-2007

12 July 2021 15:09

In Texas, we grow stupid as a cash crop. Fortunately, there are some really smart people here and some great universities and research facilities. But the smell of stupid sometimes makes it hard to breath. You drill for it, and hit a gusher. You farm it, and raise a bumper crop. You fish for it, and fill your boat. It’s everywhere.

Maybe this is evolution at work. It’s the stupid ones now who are getting sick and dying. I hate to suggest that they should get sick and die before having the chance to reproduce, but .......

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10767
Joined  20-10-2006

13 July 2021 12:28

Republicans dream for a return to the utopia of the 18th century.  Since Trump was elevated to power, moderate conservatives have been ousted from the party and the radical wing has taken control, and historically this does not end well, and if their ideas are criticized as stupid then they double-down on the stupidity.  Their only solutions are destructive - punishment, murder, anger, and cruelty are their motivations.

These days I see conservative policies as racist reactions to rising minority population and status and doing what they can to stop it.  Conservatives are liberal unless they have to share with minorities, then it’s government over-reach, nanny-state policies, and over-taxation.  If there was a way that government services could exclude minorities, then conservatives would support it.

I don’t understand why, but then stupidity is inherently illogical, and can only be understood through stupidity.