< 1 2 3

Bari Weiss interviews Winston Marshal of Mumford and Sons.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1931
Joined  01-11-2014

19 July 2021 19:14

It’s called human decency and knowing when to pick your battles.

Marshal hurt no one. He read a book and congratulated the author. So fucking what?

If he had read a book in favor of overthrowing the government, or encouraging violence, then he would deserve what he got from the Twitter Twits.

But he did nothing remotely like this. This is CANCEL CULTURE. It’s why people hate the left. I’m a lefty myself. And I find it repulsive.

diding

diding
Total Posts:  683
Joined  07-01-2016

19 July 2021 19:50

Cheshire Cat - 19 July 2021 07:14 PM

Marshal hurt no one. He read a book and congratulated the author. So fucking what?

If he had read a book in favor of overthrowing the government, or encouraging violence, then he would deserve what he got from the Twitter Twits.

But he did nothing remotely like this. This is CANCEL CULTURE. It’s why people hate the left. I’m a lefty myself. And I find it repulsive.

Original Left.

This new Left is…..something else.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  1923
Joined  19-06-2020

19 July 2021 20:39

The book was literally written by a guy who supports the Proud Boys and similar groups… you know… the people who led an insurrection on January 6th.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  4094
Joined  26-03-2013

20 July 2021 06:18

The guy quit the band.  Nobody was cancelled.  This is why making decisions during emotionally charged moments is always ill advised.  These things blow over and never seem as catastrophic once the dust settles.  Maybe when he emerges from the fetal position he’ll put his artistic skills to use.  And write a song about it.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  1923
Joined  19-06-2020

20 July 2021 07:11

For example, Gov. Ralph Northam had those photos of him in black face and likely a klan hood turn up.  He didn’t quit his job.  Instead, he put in the work to do better and has worked hard to put in place policies that will hopefully improve the welfare of not just black people in Virginia, but all poor people, and he did this by taking seriously the concerns of black people in his state.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  2230
Joined  31-10-2015

20 July 2021 08:03

The world is upside-down. Buy property in Port Protection, AK, before it’s too late! (I’d love to live there if only I were into trapping and fishing.)

< 1 2 3