‹ First  < 2 3 4

American Booksellers Assoc. vs. “Irreversible Damage, The Transgender Craze Seducing our Daughters”

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1923
Joined  01-11-2014

23 July 2021 15:44

weird buffalo - 23 July 2021 03:07 PM

Yes, I am in favor of people having access to puberty blockers at the age of 13, and those blockers should be prescribed by a medical profession who is providing long term consultation and care.  The fact that this HORRIFIES you is disgusting.  Why?  Because that HORROR is transphobic bigotry.

What horrifies me is having the medical age of consent lowered to 12. Do you favor this? Apparently you do.

There apparently is a percentage of children, the statistic I’ve read is 0.1 to 0.3, who are truly gender dysphoric, and, as you said, medical experts and psychiatrists should be involved in determining if changing gender is appropriate. If it is, then proceed, but proceed with caution is all I’m saying

But, apparently, this 0.1 to 0.3 number has jumped up recently to 2.0, and has moved from primarily male to dominantly female. There is a large reason to be concerned about this increase. It concerns neuroticism, media influencers and immaturity. These females are not born with gender dysphoric, they develop it, or think they do.

Since calling me a transphobic bigot and telling me to “shut the fuck up” is allowable on this forum, then let me call you a self righteous little prick, weird.

I mean this in all sincerity.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  1903
Joined  19-06-2020

23 July 2021 15:50

Cheshire Cat - 23 July 2021 03:44 PM
weird buffalo - 23 July 2021 03:07 PM

Yes, I am in favor of people having access to puberty blockers at the age of 13, and those blockers should be prescribed by a medical profession who is providing long term consultation and care.  The fact that this HORRIFIES you is disgusting.  Why?  Because that HORROR is transphobic bigotry.

What horrifies me is having the medical age of consent lowered to 12. Do you favor this? Apparently you do.

There apparently is a percentage of children, the statistic I’ve read is 0.1 to 0.3, who are truly gender dysphoric, and, as you said, medical experts and psychiatrists should be involved in determining if changing gender is appropriate. If it is, then proceed, but proceed with caution is all I’m saying

But, apparently, this 0.1 to 0.3 number has jumped up recently to 2.0, and has moved from primarily male to dominantly female. There is a large reason to be concerned about this increase. It concerns neuroticism, media influencers and immaturity. These females are not born with gender dysphoric, they develop it, or think they do.

Since calling me a transphobic bigot and telling me to “shut the fuck up” is allowable on this forum, then let me call you a self righteous little prick, weird.

So, your argument here is that being a transgendered person is bad.  Right?

The crux of your opinion is that being transgendered causes harm to a person.

That is definitionally a transphobic belief.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  4087
Joined  26-03-2013

23 July 2021 15:59

Cheshire Cat - 23 July 2021 03:44 PM

Perhaps you missed the memo.

LadyJane - 23 July 2021 02:13 PM

Take it easy. 

Of course we shouldn’t be telling each other to shut the fuck up.  It exhibits the sort of emotion that threads like these are aiming to exploit.  I understand the frustration.  If there’s a conversation to be had then stick to the topic and let’s maintain our composure so the point isn’t lost.   

Please carry on.

This is the sort of thing for which The Klein Bottle is suited.  Suit up gentlemen.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Joined  19-06-2020

23 July 2021 16:10

Mayo clinic summary of puberty blockers.

Are the changes permanent?
Use of GnRH analogues doesn’t cause permanent changes in an adolescent’s body. Instead, it pauses puberty, providing time to determine if a child’s gender identity is long lasting. It also gives children and their families time to think about or plan for the psychological, medical, developmental, social and legal issues ahead.

If an adolescent child stops taking GnRH analogues, puberty will resume.

Ohhh the horror!  A medical treatment with no permanent changes.

Why does it always take me 10 seconds to find a good source to show how stupid this author is?  Perhaps because her argument is constructed on lies.  STOP BELIEVING HER LIES.  As with any medical treatment, there is a chance for side-effects.  Hence, why parents and child should have access to medical professionals who can inform them on this choice.

I think that we should allow children and families to have access to doctors to discuss this issue.  That this access should not be a political football.  It should be THEIR choice.  Not ours.

[ Edited: 23 July 2021 16:15 by weird buffalo]

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  1262
Joined  20-07-2017

23 July 2021 17:12

Cheshire Cat - 23 July 2021 03:05 PM
mapadofu - 23 July 2021 02:46 PM

Referring back to a post by Cheshire a while back.

There are a whole host of decisions I or anyone else could make at the age of 15 that would have life altering consequences.  Things that come to mind are drinking and driving and having unprotected sex.  So, whether we like it or not, some 15 year olds are already making irrevocable decisions.

You are right.

And this only proves that adolescents make notoriously bad decisions. That’s why the law sets age limits so as to protect them. It is protecting them from self harm.

Taking powerful sex hormones as an adolescent to alter your sex should not be taken lightly, and it certainly should not done in a self-administered way.

Actually, the vast majority of people make reasonably good decisions, and the few that don’t just have to take their lumps. 

For some people taking action in relation to their gender dysphoria in their teens is the right thing to do.  For others, maybe not so much.  Either way, they get to live with the consequences of their (hopefully we’ll informed and thought out) decision.  At the end of the day, it’s up to them, their families and their doctors.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Joined  19-06-2020

28 July 2021 21:17

Cheshire Cat - 28 July 2021 04:17 PM
weird buffalo - 28 July 2021 12:07 PM

“I finally got fed up with it and replied to it”.

Yes, I agree.

To be clear, I got emotional because I saw people espousing bigotry.

You got emotional because I told you to stop espousing bigotry with a mean voice.

I personally don’t hold many things to be the gospel truth, including the Gospels. Most things are fair game to look at and to question, in my opinion. And, there are always spoken and unspoken assumptions behind every topic. Political, cultural, and religious prejudices and suppositions taint just about everything.

To me, something as fluid and subjective as gender dysphoria, is not a topic that can be nailed down in a scientific way, like Newton’s Law of Gravitation. You can’t get into somebody else’s head and know what they are feeling. It’s all subjective. There is a lot of leeway.

Merely questioning “trans orthodoxy,” is not espousing bigotry, in my opinion. I think Shier brings up some important questions.

You obviously feel otherwise, and quite passionately too.

The only “mean voice” I had was when I got pissed off at you. Outside of that, I have nothing but sympathy for trans people. That is a very difficult path to go down.

And I do agree that some people are born into the wrong sex, mentally, and that transitioning into the other sex is what’s right for them. But one should always be cautious about promoting something that can interfere with another person’s ability to reproduce, especially in people so very young, immature and often confused. There is no one-solution-fits-all approach.

That’s all I’m going to say about it, weird.

Shrier isn’t asking “important questions”.  She is specifically espousing anti-trans hate.  The ENTIRE PREMISE of the book is that being trans is bad.  She doesn’t just consider gender dysphoria a mental illness, but she equates ALL TRANS identities as a mental illness.

‹ First  < 2 3 4