Fox News declares the pandemic is over

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10803
Joined  20-10-2006

02 October 2021 08:56

I think I understand why Trump fans are so happy to hear his lies if they watch Fox News - the program is an unending stream of lies.  Today I had the displeasure of hearing a rant from a pro-pandemic loudmouth about how wrong every scientist at the CDC is about the danger of COVID, and the evidence was. . .

unmasked football fans in a sold out stadium. 

This is the scientific understanding needed to declare the pandemic over according for the dill weeds in that factory of falsehoods.  Yeah, defund the CDC and let’s go back to a Dark Ages-level of scientific knowledge because the opinion of people who spent their time in high school science classes peeling dried glue off their fingers has more value than the highly trained scientists who dedicated their lives to protecting us from deadly diseases.

I don’t mind questioning authority in the social and political realms, but it is stupid to question science in this case.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  8308
Joined  15-02-2007

02 October 2021 09:06

That’s one way to fill hospitals and experience regional triage.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  2254
Joined  31-10-2015

02 October 2021 11:28

Skipshot - 02 October 2021 08:56 AM

I think I understand why Trump fans are so happy to hear his lies if they watch Fox News - the program is an unending stream of lies.  Today I had the displeasure of hearing a rant from a pro-pandemic loudmouth about how wrong every scientist at the CDC is about the danger of COVID, and the evidence was. . .

This is the scientific understanding needed to declare the pandemic over according for the dill weeds in that factory of falsehoods.  Yeah, defund the CDC and let’s go back to a Dark Ages-level of scientific knowledge because the opinion of people who spent their time in high school science classes peeling dried glue off their fingers has more value than the highly trained scientists who dedicated their lives to protecting us from deadly diseases.

I don’t mind questioning authority in the social and political realms, but it is stupid to question science in this case.

Should the person who said what you say he said be 1) mocked / ridiculed, 2) canceled from his trade / profession, or 3) censored?

Which of the above three choices would have the most positive effect on society in general? Which one, that is, would contribute best to wbcc?

(I’d guess #1.)

lynmc

lynmc
Total Posts:  736
Joined  03-08-2014

02 October 2021 13:21

Haven’t you heard?  The vaccine has caused millions of deaths.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10803
Joined  20-10-2006

02 October 2021 22:40

nonverbal - 02 October 2021 11:28 AM

(I’d guess #1.)

That is my way, no different than a loud-mouth religious fanatic. 

Science defends itself through data, but it’s weakness is that it won’t defend itself as politics does with indignant shouting, so science appears weak.  In the black and white world of conservatives, science is mercilessly attacked for not achieving 100% certainty, and whatever minute number of scientists who may have reservations are held up as exceptions which disprove the other 98% and is crowed as as a great “gotcha!” moment, while in the world of science 98% agreement is as close to certainty it can get.  So I have taken the side of science and will defend it from the political or religious numbskulls who bet their lives that the 98% are wrong.

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  569
Joined  28-04-2017

18 October 2021 11:54

Science would be doing a followup - 1 month after….how many attendees were hospitalized, compare that % with overall % in general pop.

Unless somehow football fans are a disproportionately healthy group.  But anyone who’s been to a football game knows that’s not the case.

The truth in science can be replicated as many times as is needed.  If theres a concern about these football games, let the study be done.

Instead they draw some weakass correlation between the games and “cases” (instead of isolating the variable and dealing with something significant, like hospitalizations)

And even if they did this study (which will never happen) its their lives, not yours.

So from every conceivable angle, caring about unmasked people getting together is dumb.  No one is having sex with masks on….and by that I mean probably 1% of 1% of 1%.....of 1%.

You cant spell politics without optics.
And you can’t spell culture without cult.
All this mask shit is pure cult optics.

If your criteria for a “pandemic” allows for thousands of people to congregate in a tight space literally sweating, shouting, and spitting all over each other and you cant even prove that being in that stadium was more dangerous than any other place they might be, then you should acknowledge that pandemic is now an abused buzzword, like “triggered” or “victim”.