Terrain Theory

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  655
Joined  28-04-2017

03 April 2022 19:24

https://terrainthefilm.com/?ref=sj

I watched this and would like to see a thorough rebuttal of the points made in this video, because as far as I can tell, it is the most thorough set of arguments that dispute the gErm theory of disease and the idea that viruses have been proven to exist

The Wiki page on terrain theory just takes you to “gErM theory denialism” and the points made in this documentary are very nuanced and convincing in how they are presented

At the end of the day, the simplest explanation of what we just witnessed the last 2 years is that our ideas about infectious disease are severely flawed

The John’s Hopkins metastudy showed little to no discernable difference from lockdowns.  The high cases in Israel proves that vaccination does not stop or even slow positive status of CoVid, which was at one time “misinformation” but is now widely accepted.

The inventor of the PCR test, who appears in this documentary has detailed the flaws it as a metric of infection

This documentary

In not going to respond to a million different “What About X????” Questions posed to me.  I am not the one claiming to be an expert here. 

I am not a doctor.  This thread is about this documentary and the specific claims made within it

We all know that the burden of proof is always on the 1 who says something exists.  So that would be whoever says a virus exists.  Apparently, as is discussed in detail in this video, there are basic scientific problems with the process used to propagate the idea that “viruses exist” - problems with isolating the virus

At any rate it’s an interesting documentary and they even do an audience Q&A at the end

Probably will never happen but I would like to see a breakdown of specific points made here by someone who is qualified qualified speak on it

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  8413
Joined  15-02-2007

03 April 2022 22:57

Kaufman is a crank.  He is a science denialist psychiatrist who happens to have a medical license in his home state.  He is not someone to give weight to over questions of medicine.
Especially not immunology or virology.

He has said appendicitis is a tummy-ache that can be fixed with an enema.  He has also claimed that demonic possession is a part of mental health problems such as schizophrenia. He’s a dangerous mis-informer with no ethics or morals.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-pseudoscience/psychiatrist-who-calmly-denies-reality

Once again you demonstrate your bias by re-broadcasting his stupidity.

[ Edited: 03 April 2022 23:09 by Jefe]

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6977
Joined  22-02-2005

04 April 2022 07:47

Unfortunately, the forum is stuck in its present form so we cannot add The Hall of Videos that Play to My Suspicions and Fears.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10837
Joined  20-10-2006

05 April 2022 10:45

Thanks for continually warning us not to read Quad’s posts.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  2031
Joined  19-06-2020

05 April 2022 20:07

I’m not paying $23 to watch that video.

I might… MIGHT… consider it if you post or PM your log in info to check it out… but I am not paying a single dime.  You can of course ensure I watch the video by paying me $25/hour, prepaid.  Anything less than that… and it is completely my choice and whether I feel like it or not.

Even if you pay me the money… it is likely that I will only address one point on it, and if you refuse to acknowledge any evidence I present (for or against), then I will not address any additional points.

My time is valuable to me, and at the moment I have no interest in this video.  You are free to engage in slavery with me by paying me money though.

weird buffalo

weird buffalo
Total Posts:  2031
Joined  19-06-2020

20 April 2022 11:11

Out of curiosity, I watched a YT video by one of the “experts” in the teaser.

They proceeded to make IDENTICAL arguments made by both flat earthers and creationists.

Not similar, IDENTICAL.

For example, a creationist will often cite examples from Darwin’s “Origin of Species” and give information about how it is wrong (though they’re often mistaken about it being wrong).  But let’s assume for the moment that Darwin did have a piece of specific information that was later discovered to be wrong.  This is not an argument that tells us creationism is true.  1) the reason we’d know Darwin is wrong is because other biologists have continued to discover new information and advance the field… 2) it is not a true dichotomy that if Darwin was wrong, therefore creationism is true.

So, citing an example of how a biologist from the 1820’s didn’t do a good controlled experiment is irrelevant.  The ONLY way that could be a good argument is if you have incontrovertible evidence that no experiments have been done since the 1820’s to know more about viruses.  That’s about as fucking stupid as saying that the fastest car ever made was in 1886 when Karl Benz filed a patent for his 3-wheeled vehicle, and therefore, no cars have ever gone faster than they did in the 1886.  It’s so obviously stupid, I genuinely have a hard time understanding why people fall for it.  It’s like they have zero understanding of how scientists are actually people and might compete AGAINST each other.

Your doc is ridiculously stupid.