1 2 > 

Nhoj’s new Project Reason Forum site

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3877
Joined  21-10-2016

04 July 2022 09:40

For a few weeks now, I have been unable to access or login to the new PRF site.  I can view the main page with topics, but when I click onto any of the topics, it only goes to a link to the Site Menu taking me to the Fun with Trioonity page.  I have tried accessing using more than one browser with no luck.  I am using a somewhat older computer, but didn’t have difficulties in the beginning, not until more recently.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6975
Joined  22-02-2005

04 July 2022 14:40

I’ll alert the zooglers and see what can be done.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

04 July 2022 16:55

Nhoj Morley - 04 July 2022 02:40 PM

Thanks Nhoj!

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  8401
Joined  15-02-2007

06 July 2022 08:06

Jan_CAN - 04 July 2022 04:55 PM

Thanks Nhoj!

You might also want to try clearing your browser history and cookies, if you have not already done so, Jan.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

06 July 2022 23:46

No, I haven’t forgotten. I’ve had three days of emails going back and forth each time with a different zoogler. I hope to solve my own posting problem so I can pass on the solution. I’ve been told to update my browser, try edge, use a smartphone and post from a friend’s house.

Some can still post while others cannot. The new spam defenses require up to date computers. I was sure mine was. They say the problem is my system.

They fear that established patrons may suddenly decide to become spammers or that spammers may break into your house to spam from your computer. We all know how much spammers hate forlorn discussion forums.

Some posts require my approval and I do that as promptly as I can. Sorry about the fuss. I call this a victory for the spammers.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

19 July 2022 07:25

Jefe - 06 July 2022 08:06 AM
Jan_CAN - 04 July 2022 04:55 PM

Thanks Nhoj!

You might also want to try clearing your browser history and cookies, if you have not already done so, Jan.

Thanks Jefe.  I did try that but it didn’t help.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

19 July 2022 07:32

Nhoj Morley - 06 July 2022 11:46 PM

No, I haven’t forgotten. I’ve had three days of emails going back and forth each time with a different zoogler. I hope to solve my own posting problem so I can pass on the solution. I’ve been told to update my browser, try edge, use a smartphone and post from a friend’s house.

Some can still post while others cannot. The new spam defenses require up to date computers. I was sure mine was. They say the problem is my system.

They fear that established patrons may suddenly decide to become spammers or that spammers may break into your house to spam from your computer. We all know how much spammers hate forlorn discussion forums.

Some posts require my approval and I do that as promptly as I can. Sorry about the fuss. I call this a victory for the spammers.

My browsers are up to date and I don’t have (or want) a smartphone.

I’m thinking this new site’s concern about spam goes too far if it’s creating too narrow of requirements for users to post.

Oh well, I guess I’m locked out.  :-(

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  4120
Joined  26-03-2013

19 July 2022 18:03

There must be a remedy for this.

What about creating another account like Nhoj did with Strumbozo? 

Even if you have to create another email account and rejoin you could still be Jan and it would still be worth it.

It would be for us anyway.

Dammit Jim!  I’m a poet not an engineer!

Where’s the fixer?

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

19 July 2022 19:48

I have requested Jan’s password. That will help.

Jan- what happens when you click on the forum link at the bottom of this post box?

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

20 July 2022 12:56

LadyJane - 19 July 2022 06:03 PM

There must be a remedy for this.

What about creating another account like Nhoj did with Strumbozo? 

Even if you have to create another email account and rejoin you could still be Jan and it would still be worth it.

It would be for us anyway.

Dammit Jim!  I’m a poet not an engineer!

Where’s the fixer?

Thanks for the suggestion LadyJane, but I can’t access anything (only the title page), including the tab to set up (or login) to an account.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

20 July 2022 13:00

Nhoj Morley - 19 July 2022 07:48 PM

I have requested Jan’s password. That will help.

Jan- what happens when you click on the forum link at the bottom of this post box?

When I click on the forum link I can only view the main page with topics, but can’t open any of the topics.

I replied to your e-mail with my password.

Thanks.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

20 July 2022 22:09

My many years of admining are mostly a blur but one old recollection has popped up after re reading your post. Something similar came up before at the old PRF. The fix was weird but confirmed. I’ll mention it just to be thorough.

These old browsers have a zoom feature that I use a lot. Hold down ctrl and use + and - to bump up the font size or zoom out to see a whole page of tiny text.

At the old PRF, if you zoomed in several steps, the page would reach a point where some buttons’ screen-zone no longer lined up with its graphic or text. Clicking on a box may even trigger a neighboring link or function. The solution was to zoom out a few steps (ctrl -) and all the buttons would line up again. And do what they were suppose to.

It’s something to rule out at least. I was able to post from your account. Not sure what that means. It might be some new trade tariff so I asked a fellow Canadian for help.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  4120
Joined  26-03-2013

21 July 2022 04:22

I stand on guard for thee.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

21 July 2022 08:43

Nhoj Morley - 20 July 2022 10:09 PM

My many years of admining are mostly a blur but one old recollection has popped up after re reading your post. Something similar came up before at the old PRF. The fix was weird but confirmed. I’ll mention it just to be thorough.

These old browsers have a zoom feature that I use a lot. Hold down ctrl and use + and - to bump up the font size or zoom out to see a whole page of tiny text.

At the old PRF, if you zoomed in several steps, the page would reach a point where some buttons’ screen-zone no longer lined up with its graphic or text. Clicking on a box may even trigger a neighboring link or function. The solution was to zoom out a few steps (ctrl -) and all the buttons would line up again. And do what they were suppose to.

It’s something to rule out at least. I was able to post from your account. Not sure what that means. It might be some new trade tariff so I asked a fellow Canadian for help.

I tried the zoom in/out feature just in case which didn’t work – I think that would apply if it was a viewing issue with tabs going off screen, rather than the problem I’m having which seems to be limiting me from access into the site.

Are any other members having such difficulties?  If so, could some/any of the newer upgrades to the site be reversed or revised?

I appreciate it that you’re trying to restore me to the memberhood.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

21 July 2022 08:45

LadyJane - 21 July 2022 04:22 AM

I stand on guard for thee.

LadyJane, it’s with a glowing heart that I thank you (again) for standing by me.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

21 July 2022 13:59

Like Rudy, I have theories but no evidence.

My next theory will require your help to test.

Step 1: Go to the forum main page via the link below (or however you usually get there).

Step 2: At the top of recent topics roster, click on ‘Forum moratorium’.

Step 3: Whatever the next page looks like, select and copy the entire address that appears in the address bar. Paste it into an email and shoot it to me.

Step 4: Leave the page alone for ten or twenty minutes and see if anything happens.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

1 2 >