< 1 2

Nhoj’s new Project Reason Forum site

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3877
Joined  21-10-2016

21 July 2022 17:26

Nhoj Morley - 21 July 2022 01:59 PM

Like Rudy, I have theories but no evidence.

My next theory will require your help to test.

Step 1: Go to the forum main page via the link below (or however you usually get there).

Step 2: At the top of recent topics roster, click on ‘Forum moratorium’.

Step 3: Whatever the next page looks like, select and copy the entire address that appears in the address bar. Paste it into an email and shoot it to me.

Step 4: Leave the page alone for ten or twenty minutes and see if anything happens.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I’ve followed the above steps and e-mailed you the address line.
I left the page alone as requested; nothing happened.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6977
Joined  22-02-2005

22 July 2022 05:44

Let’s review the case so far.

Every page at my site has two components that always appear. There is a banner at the top that includes a foggy picture with ‘open’ in yellow letters and the words ‘FUN with TRIOONITY’ which are always a link to the home page. There is always a section at the bottom called a ‘footer’ that is a grey rectangle with a button that says ‘site menu’. It links to a site navigation page for phones that do not show the menu boxes that should appear on the left for all non-forum pages.

Each individual page’s content should appear in the middle between the banner and the footer be it text, tracks or topics.

Jan, if I am reading you correctly, you are landing on a page that is showing you just the banner and the footer with no content at all in the middle. Do I have that right?

The address you sent confirms you are going to the correct page. I can (logged in as you) access your profile or log out using the links on the page. I logged in and posted as you without facing a picture test or any spam hurdles at all.

The question appears to be, why doesn’t your browser load the middle content section of the page? Zoogle is doing nothing to block the account or peg it as spam. That would not occur until the log-in or register links were clicked on.

Here’s a quick test. Click on this link. Do you see a bunch of silly photographs? I’m betting that you will.

So, why are you denied the thread pages? My nerd-abilities fall short. I need to consult with a real nerd who does not harbor deep-seated resentments about how the internet is destroying the world.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

22 July 2022 07:35

Nhoj Morley - 22 July 2022 05:44 AM

Let’s review the case so far.

Every page at my site has two components that always appear. There is a banner at the top that includes a foggy picture with ‘open’ in yellow letters and the words ‘FUN with TRIOONITY’ which are always a link to the home page. There is always a section at the bottom called a ‘footer’ that is a grey rectangle with a button that says ‘site menu’. It links to a site navigation page for phones that do not show the menu boxes that should appear on the left for all non-forum pages.

I see the foggy picture and the words ‘FUN with TRIOONITY’, but not the ‘open’ in yellow letters.  There is a button at the bottom that says ‘site menu’ – when pressed it takes me to the home page with menus listed from ‘Principa Trioonica ... Donut’.

Each individual page’s content should appear in the middle between the banner and the footer be it text, tracks or topics.

Jan, if I am reading you correctly, you are landing on a page that is showing you just the banner and the footer with no content at all in the middle. Do I have that right?

The main page between the banner and the footer remains as it was before when it was working for me, with a ‘Recent Topics Roster’ with topics below, followed by main topics listed from ‘The Space Bar ... Bear Wiff Me’. When I click on any of the main topics, a list of the subtopics also come up as before when all was working.  However, when I click on any of these subtopics, I get a page with the usual foggy header, followed by the title of the subtopic selected, but nothing below it but a link to ‘site menu’ which takes me back to the ‘Home Page’ (not the ‘Project Reasons Forum’ main page).

The address you sent confirms you are going to the correct page. I can (logged in as you) access your profile or log out using the links on the page. I logged in and posted as you without facing a picture test or any spam hurdles at all.

The question appears to be, why doesn’t your browser load the middle content section of the page? Zoogle is doing nothing to block the account or peg it as spam. That would not occur until the log-in or register links were clicked on.

Here’s a quick test. Click on this link. Do you see a bunch of silly photographs? I’m betting that you will.

When I click on this link, I see the (not so silly) photos of you and your music stuff.

So, why are you denied the thread pages? My nerd-abilities fall short. I need to consult with a real nerd who does not harbor deep-seated resentments about how the internet is destroying the world.

I’m starting to suspect that the internet has discovered my luddite (a word I learned from LJ) tendencies and is trying to shut me out of the only site I’d like to be part of.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

22 July 2022 08:21

Oh-kaaaay… (as The Boss would say) that was telling and helpful.

You are still experiencing what all of us experienced when zoogle first shut down all comment functions at all zoogle sites. We saw titles and topics but no posts at all.

If the posts do not appear, there is no provision for adding a comment or logging in. With one exception.

If you can get to a sub-topic page, do you see a pink box that says ‘New Topic’? It should take you to a log-in page. Does it? See if you can start a new topic. Any topic at all (for example, “Federal Subsidies for Luddites”). I can blitz it later.

Or, let me know if ‘new topic’ does not appear.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

22 July 2022 08:41

Nhoj Morley - 22 July 2022 08:21 AM

Oh-kaaaay… (as The Boss would say) that was telling and helpful.

You are still experiencing what all of us experienced when zoogle first shut down all comment functions at all zoogle sites. We saw titles and topics but no posts at all.

If the posts do not appear, there is no provision for adding a comment or logging in. With one exception.

If you can get to a sub-topic page, do you see a pink box that says ‘New Topic’? It should take you to a log-in page. Does it? See if you can start a new topic. Any topic at all (for example, “Federal Subsidies for Luddites”). I can blitz it later.

Or, let me know if ‘new topic’ does not appear.

Yes, there is a box ‘New Topic” on the subtopics page.  However, when selected I get a popup box saying ‘Sorry, we couldn’t find that page’.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

22 July 2022 09:09

Thanks. That fills in the picture.

I’ll ask my brain what to do about it the next time it stops by for a visit.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

22 July 2022 09:59

Nhoj Morley - 22 July 2022 09:09 AM

Thanks. That fills in the picture.

I’ll ask my brain what to do about it the next time it stops by for a visit.

Thanks.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

23 July 2022 09:38

All the facts have been dunked in the Nyeep Pool and a carefully worded inquiry to zoogle has bubbled up and the necessary words have been composed and typed. I have been learning (slowly) to speak zoogleese. I’ve gotten to where I can do it without a clothespin.

I will share whatever advice they offer.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

26 July 2022 05:37

After hearing from zoogle, I have two new suggestions to offer. Check to see if nhojmorley.com is a ‘trusted site’ and, restart your router or DSL device. This should force your browser cache to renew. And no, I don’t know what that means either.

Apparently, your browser is clinging to an unfounded belief that there are still no posts. It needs a fresh perspective. As a fellow luddite, I get frustrated when asked to animorphosize my stupid, clumsy machine.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

31 July 2022 08:10

Nhoj Morley - 26 July 2022 05:37 AM

After hearing from zoogle, I have two new suggestions to offer. Check to see if nhojmorley.com is a ‘trusted site’ and, restart your router or DSL device. This should force your browser cache to renew. And no, I don’t know what that means either.

Apparently, your browser is clinging to an unfounded belief that there are still no posts. It needs a fresh perspective. As a fellow luddite, I get frustrated when asked to animorphosize my stupid, clumsy machine.

I added nhojmorley.com to my trusted sites and rebooted my computer, but unfortunately there’s been no change to my access to the PRF.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

< 1 2