Rote Learning

Yahsene

Yahsene
Total Posts:  139
Joined  13-11-2007

06 January 2008 15:24

I’ve discussed religion and philosophy with numerous people offline and have yet to encounter a truly awake and alert human being. I came online a while back to learn the psychology through practice (as people are much more honest about their views on here and thoughts can be tracked and observed much more easily than in person where people rarely say what they actually think) and have found the same pattern.

Rote Learning is everywhere and it is being called knowledge. Rote Learning is not knowledge. Rote Learning is memorization and recitation, not knowledge. To know something requires a total experience, not just a logical deduction or rational conclusion.

For example: Buddha taught that the mind is a disorder. In the West they say that the mind can be diseased but Buddha taught 2600 years ago that mind is the disease. It cannot be diseased, it is the disease. Many people read Buddha’s words and become Buddhists (followers of Buddha), automatically making it impossible for them to attain as they will always remain behind the Buddha and never can become one with Buddha (the same applies to Yeshua, called Christ, and Christians who claim to follow him). But, Buddha said that the mind is disorder and Buddhists repeat “Mind is a disorder” but they have not experienced the disorder of the mind in its entirety and they have not droped the mind because they go on reciting Buddha or Lao Tzu or Yeshua or Mahavira or some other person from the past whom they have never even actually encountered. They have not seen the disorder that is the mind and found it to be useful only in becoming aware that it is useless and this is never more obvious when you hear or see them say:

“I am enlightened.”

Who/What is enlightened?

Rote Learning is a serious problem for human beings around the world. The entire educational system (it would be more appropriate to refer to it as an indoctrination system) is based on Rote Learning. If somebody asks you, “What is 7x8” you may recite the numbers because you have heard it a million times as a child, but have you actually understood the process or have you merely rote learned your times tables?

If a human being repeats a sentence 365 times (a full cycle) then that phrase will become a permenant fact in the mind. The mind can very easily be conditioned to think along a specific pattern and accept that thinking along that pattern is logical and rational. In fact, that is what Britain and America are doing to its citizens right now. They are repeating phrases constantly in the media and these words and ideas are entering through the mind’s back doors and are becoming part of the Western Psyche. Logic and Reason are complete nonsense as they currently are in the Western World. Everybody is thinking along patterns set down by people who came before them and they only find their views rational because they have been conditioned to those patterns…

Have you ever noticed how a person is considered logical and reasonable and scientific so long as they follow the standards of “proof” that the present elite have set in place?

Here is an example of how logic and reason flops using scientific theories which are currently accepted. Scientists claim that our five senses stem from evolution (and this appears to be the only possibility as of now). So, let us use this theory and embrace it for a moment and say that human beings have developed the five main senses through evolution. But, evolution is an ongoing process. There are actually scientists who say that they don’t think that macro evolution will continue. Why would they possibly believe that? If we have evolved thus far then we will continue to evolve or we will de-evolve. Nothing remains stagnant, even if it appears to. Some will progress slowly, others much more quickly and some, if human beings don’t interfere, (which of course they will because they are emotional creautres) will go extinct and our species will progress. In the process of progression a 6th sense will have to be developed. It is inevitable if we continue to evolve. Now, evolution takes thousands (if not millions) of years to complete and that would mean that for thousands of years people all over the world would be developing a 6th sense that the majority does not have and they would continuously be persecuted by the masses (and the elite among the masses who have only five senses) because they claim to be able to be experiencing something which the rest cannot experience. This is why majority rule is ridiculous, democracy is totally flawed and logic and reason (which is based on the masses/norm/average) is totally and utterly nonsensical pig shit.

*Shrugs*

Rote Learning

The “so-called” intellectuals of the world are trying to push a boulder up a mountain, the religious nuts are all standing around chanting that if the boulder falls the world will come to an end and magical men will fly down from the sky to save them and I’m just sitting on the rock, laughing at the whole lot of em, trying to explain that they’re all wasting their time.

[ Edited: 06 January 2008 15:30 by Yahsene]

J.C.

J.C.
Total Posts:  231
Joined  18-10-2007

06 January 2008 16:56

-deleted-

[ Edited: 07 March 2011 16:22 by J.C.]

Unbeliever

Unbeliever
Total Posts:  861
Joined  04-12-2007

06 January 2008 17:28

Yahsene - 06 January 2008 08:24 PM

Here is an example of how logic and reason flops using scientific theories which are currently accepted. Scientists claim that our five senses stem from evolution (and this appears to be the only possibility as of now). So, let us use this theory and embrace it for a moment and say that human beings have developed the five main senses through evolution. But, evolution is an ongoing process. There are actually scientists who say that they don’t think that macro evolution will continue. Why would they possibly believe that? If we have evolved thus far then we will continue to evolve or we will de-evolve.

Joel Armstrong - 06 January 2008 09:56 PM

The sixth sense idea is interesting, though.  Any ideas or speculation on what it might consist of?  some type of ESP, possibly?

Lets keep working on cybernetics and genetic engineering and then we can decide what extra senses we would like raspberry

Seriously though, in a way we already have more than one sense. Just not individually integrated, we can see infrared and use sonar to map an area. Its called technology Yahsene, and that is our evolution now.

Evolution trough natural selection is basically over for us. This is not going to happen anymore. Natural selection requires that random mutations are “sorted out” based on survival. But medical technology have given us the ability to even out mortality. An individual with a less useful mutation will survive just as well as someone with a more useful.
Trough technological society we have already taken our fate in our own hands, for instance our teeth have changed dramatically since we learned how to cook food. Its gone to the extent that by now we could not survive in the wild without this knowledge. Because our teeth are ineffective without cooked food. We could not consume enough plants to get enough nutritions to survive, eating raw meat would also kill us due to our modern immune system. So we’ve already changed our biology.

We are not going to evolve any cool x-men tricks in the near future. Because there is no mechanism for that to happen. That said though, we can most likely engineer a very powerful biology in the future, if we could develop nanobots and i/o brain/computer interaction, then we could give ourselves whatever senses we like, as long as they are physically possible.

This is ofcourse science fiction, but its very much based on reality. You just need that connection between a computer and the human brain, which should in theory be very possible. As long as the brain works on principles that we can duplicate and analyze, which it so far seems to do. Despite what metaphysics try to tell us.
Actually you could even say that a mysterious aspect of the human mind is probably the only thing that would PREVENT us from having a sixth sense. Oh irony.

Yahsene

Yahsene
Joined  13-11-2007

06 January 2008 21:26

Are you suggesting we eliminate all forms of rote learning that is has absolutely no value? What about possibly just suggesting that children need more activities such as art and music classes, to develop the right side of their brain(or a 6th sense:-) ).

It would take more than just a few classes on art and music. We need a revolution in the way we view ourselves as human beings (breaking away from these nationalistic illusions). That would require a global school system that has no other motivation aside from the truth to teach students around the world. The internet would be a great place to provide this service. The schools wouldn’t actually need funding from a government and politicians would no longer have any influence on the truth. This is something scientists should be putting their time and energy into. If they were to pull this off it would undemine public schools and then there would be no need to fight the fundamentalist idiots over what is being taught in public schools. Everybody has the internet now. It’s time to step up the educational progam and go global, do away with all of these man-made borders, flags, countries, states, political parties and stupid ass institutions. 

When the same people who fund the school systems are funding the prison systems then you know it needs to be looked at and completely re-worked.

And are you saying that the human race is doomed, and that you are just going to laugh while it swirls down the toilet?

No, I’m saying that life rolls on and the conservatives want to keep this boulder where it is, liberals want to force it to roll faster, the religious are all standing around terrfied that its all going to come to an end and I’m just laughing at how stupid they all are. Life will roll on and life would be much easier if people would stop complicating everything with their own inner conflicts that they project into the world outside of their deluded, divisive minds.

That, I don’t believe.  You have too much passion for whatever it is that is your cause.

Right now the focus is on my own mind. When I get it figured out then the energy will be focused on the objective world.

“Blessed is the lion whom the man consumes, making the lion a man; cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, making the man a lion.” - Yeshua

I still have my lion to consume. Until then acting to make any outward changes would be an utter waste of time. Would hate to have to undo what I do because I didn’t do it correctly the first time.

I agree with some of your thoughts, but I don’t see how you can necessarily assume our species will develop a sixth sense, and I also don’t see any realistic solutions on offer from you here for either the short or long term.  Seems more like long-term day-dreaming, which is fun at times.

The logic is there and I’m not so much concerned with the 6th sense as I am the point. Logic is a subjective approach to understanding the world around us. What is logical? Logic is all relative to the mind that is perceiving. If the mind has limits then that mind’s logic will be limited. Is that not true? How many times have geniuses made statements and been persecuted for them by the mediocre masses?

The sixth sense idea is interesting, though.  Any ideas or speculation on what it might consist of?  some type of ESP, possibly?

Telekinesis (movement of emotions and thoughts directly from mind to mind as well as the movement of physical objects themselves via mind)

Yahsene

Yahsene
Joined  13-11-2007

06 January 2008 21:27

Unbeliever - 06 January 2008 10:28 PM
Yahsene - 06 January 2008 08:24 PM

Here is an example of how logic and reason flops using scientific theories which are currently accepted. Scientists claim that our five senses stem from evolution (and this appears to be the only possibility as of now). So, let us use this theory and embrace it for a moment and say that human beings have developed the five main senses through evolution. But, evolution is an ongoing process. There are actually scientists who say that they don’t think that macro evolution will continue. Why would they possibly believe that? If we have evolved thus far then we will continue to evolve or we will de-evolve.

Lets keep working on cybernetics and genetic engineering and then we can decide what extra senses we would like raspberry

Seriously though, in a way we already have more than one sense. Just not individually integrated, we can see infrared and use sonar to map an area. Its called technology Yahsene, and that is our evolution now.

Evolution trough natural selection is basically over for us. This is not going to happen anymore. Natural selection requires that random mutations are “sorted out” based on survival. But medical technology have given us the ability to even out mortality. An individual with a less useful mutation will survive just as well as someone with a more useful.
Trough technological society we have already taken our fate in our own hands, for instance our teeth have changed dramatically since we learned how to cook food. Its gone to the extent that by now we could not survive in the wild without this knowledge. Because our teeth are ineffective without cooked food. We could not consume enough plants to get enough nutritions to survive, eating raw meat would also kill us due to our modern immune system. So we’ve already changed our biology.

We are not going to evolve any cool x-men tricks in the near future. Because there is no mechanism for that to happen. That said though, we can most likely engineer a very powerful biology in the future, if we could develop nanobots and i/o brain/computer interaction, then we could give ourselves whatever senses we like, as long as they are physically possible.

This is ofcourse science fiction, but its very much based on reality. You just need that connection between a computer and the human brain, which should in theory be very possible. As long as the brain works on principles that we can duplicate and analyze, which it so far seems to do. Despite what metaphysics try to tell us.
Actually you could even say that a mysterious aspect of the human mind is probably the only thing that would PREVENT us from having a sixth sense. Oh irony.

Plugs in the back of our heads, eh? Somebody has been watching the Matrix too frequently. It’s not quite that simple.