1 2 > 

Interesting article about Brigette Bardot

Dee

Dee
Total Posts:  741
Joined  11-10-2007

22 April 2008 00:44

I check out “Front Page ” on line almost every day , and today they have an article on the Hollywood siren Brigette Bardot . Strange place for a story about her ?  Read it : “The War on Brigette Bardot “.

She is a person I have admired for a long time, and not just because she was a popular movie star. She’s much more than that.

Read : http://www.frontpage.com

Aaron

Aaron
Total Posts:  1747
Joined  04-12-2006

22 April 2008 09:15

Thanks.  The link, however, is bogus.  The article is here.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5616
Joined  05-04-2006

22 April 2008 11:58

Dee - 22 April 2008 04:44 AM

She is a person I have admired for a long time, and not just because she was a popular movie star. She’s much more than that.

She IS much more than that—she’s extremely racist and a supporter of the fascist party of Le Pen.

EDIT:  I should probably add that I am opposed to hate-crime legislation and I do not think Bardot should be facing jail time.  But it’s worth noting that she’s been spouting racist garbage, and supporting the French far-right, for years now.  That’s the only point I wanted to make.

[ Edited: 22 April 2008 12:05 by bigredfutbol]

Dee

Dee
Joined  11-10-2007

22 April 2008 23:40

I check out “Front Page ” on line almost every day , and today they have an article on the Hollywood siren Brigette Bardot . Strange place for a story about her ?  Read it : “The War on Brigette Bardot “.

Read : http://www.frontpage.com

Sorry, make that :  http//frontpagemag.com/

Dee

Dee
Joined  11-10-2007

22 April 2008 23:52

bigredfutbol - 22 April 2008 03:58 PM

She IS much more than that—she’s extremely racist and a supporter of the fascist party of Le Pen.

EDIT:  I should probably add that I am opposed to hate-crime legislation and I do not think Bardot should be facing jail time.  But it’s worth noting that she’s been spouting racist garbage, and supporting the French far-right, for years now.  That’s the only point I wanted to make.

Don’t be so quick to judge her that way .  You say she is “racist”; I say she is someone who is taking a stand against menacing , trouble-making extremist who are impossing themselves on France and making demands according to thier religious life style . France should have spoken up to defend themselves long ago , but they are letting themselves be taken advantage of because of thier submissive attitude , which is quite likely a disquise for just plain fear. Many other countries are experiancing the same threat today. Give her credit; she has guts that the heads-of-state are too apathetic or ignorant , or wimpish to have themselves. She is also a great animal-protection person and has done a lot of work to help animals. She is a good person and is patriot—-, that’s more than you can say for our society today.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Joined  05-04-2006

23 April 2008 07:16

Dee - 23 April 2008 03:52 AM

Don’t be so quick to judge her that way .  You say she is “racist”; I say she is someone who is taking a stand against menacing , trouble-making extremist who are impossing themselves on France and making demands according to thier religious life style . France should have spoken up to defend themselves long ago , but they are letting themselves be taken advantage of because of thier submissive attitude , which is quite likely a disquise for just plain fear. Many other countries are experiancing the same threat today. Give her credit; she has guts that the heads-of-state are too apathetic or ignorant , or wimpish to have themselves. She is also a great animal-protection person and has done a lot of work to help animals. She is a good person and is patriot—-, that’s more than you can say for our society today.

Nothing “quick” about it.  She’s been saying racist things about ALL of the non-whites in France, and she’s been a member of Le Pen’s AVOWEDLY racist party for many years. 

Right now she and people like her are spinning their bile as a stand against extremist Islam, but those of us paying attention this is just new packaging over the same old bullshit.

Dee

Dee
Joined  11-10-2007

23 April 2008 23:32

bigredfutbol - 23 April 2008 11:16 AM

Nothing “quick” about it.  She’s been saying racist things about ALL of the non-whites in France, and she’s been a member of Le Pen’s AVOWEDLY racist party for many years. 

Right now she and people like her are spinning their bile as a stand against extremist Islam, but those of us paying attention this is just new packaging over the same old bullshit.

Any stand against radical Islam is good .  Good, and we need more of it .  We should have the courage to take that stand also. You, me, and anyone who understands just what a threat Islam is to a free society should take that stand.  You know what is truely dispicable ? Someone who, when confronted with a destructive and abusive source , puts his tail between his legs and runs away.  Three cheers for people like Briggette Bardot- she can come to dinner at my house anytime.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Joined  05-04-2006

25 April 2008 09:27

Dee - 24 April 2008 03:32 AM

Any stand against radical Islam is good .  Good, and we need more of it .  We should have the courage to take that stand also. You, me, and anyone who understands just what a threat Islam is to a free society should take that stand.  You know what is truely dispicable ? Someone who, when confronted with a destructive and abusive source , puts his tail between his legs and runs away.  Three cheers for people like Briggette Bardot- she can come to dinner at my house anytime.

I’ll take my stand against religious extremism without standing shoulder-to-shoulder with an avowed racist, thank you.  There’s no point in fighting one hateful, irrational belief system by allying myself with another hateful, irrational belief system.  I am an enemy of racism and fascim just as well as religion. 

You can invite whoever you want to your house.  Maybe you and Bardot can talk about Obama—I’ll bet she doesn’t want to see a black man as President, either.

Dee

Dee
Joined  11-10-2007

25 April 2008 10:40

bigredfutbol - 25 April 2008 01:27 PM
Dee - 24 April 2008 03:32 AM

I’ll take my stand against religious extremism without standing shoulder-to-shoulder with an avowed racist, thank you.  There’s no point in fighting one hateful, irrational belief system by allying myself with another hateful, irrational belief system.  I am an enemy of racism and fascim just as well as religion. 

You can invite whoever you want to your house.  Maybe you and Bardot can talk about Obama—I’ll bet she doesn’t want to see a black man as President, either.

Bigred : Obama’s being black has nothing to do with my accessment of him any more than McCain’s being Irish or “old” has to do with how I’d choose him to vote for or not choose him.  If you don’t like McCain would it be fair of me to say “well’ you don’t like him because he’s Irish, conservative or old ? How about Hillary ? If you won’t vote for her could it be because she’s a woman ? See the parrelels there ?  Be fair, please. I resent your insinuations about my reason for dislikeing Obama. Also, consider this : actually, there are voters out there who choose Obama BECAUSE he is black ! That’s a pretty stupid reason to vote for a candidate . But there are millions of people who will vote for Obama because he’s black and they don’t care whether he knows anything or not. All they know is “It’s high time America had an African-American for president ” .

I don’t like the guy because I think he’s a fraud and a performer and nihilistic when it comes to his country and politics . If he becomes president he will kick the door wide open to every anti-American in the world,because of his attitude and ultra-liberalism. Wait and see—by the time this happens the people will look at each other and say “Oh, NO !  Look what we’ve DONE !! And it will take a miracle to undo it .

A_Muslim

A_Muslim
Total Posts:  9
Joined  24-04-2008

26 April 2008 03:46

@ Dee,

Any stand against radical Islam is good .

Dee, I bet I can find a hard-core racist who would also happen to be “against radical Islam”. Would you support them too?

Mel Olontha

Mel Olontha
Total Posts:  148
Joined  04-11-2007

26 April 2008 08:30

I agree that Bardot is mainly a fascist crackpot, big supporter of LePen. I also agree that she should not be punished for her opinion which was not hate speech.
The problem is acctually much deeper, the surrender of liberal elites in Europe towards an extreme cultural relativism. Sam Harris touched upon this when he stated (quoted by Hitchens):

The same failure of liberalism is evident in Western Europe, where the dogma of multiculturalism has left a secular Europe very slow to address the looming problem of religious extremism among its immigrants. The people who speak most sensibly about the threat that Islam poses to Europe are actually fascists. To say that this does not bode well for liberalism is an understatement: It does not bode well for the future of civilization [italics mine - CH].

Christopher Hitchens answered that in an book review entitled Facing the Islamist Menace which he finished with the words:

When I read Sam Harris’s irresponsible remark that only fascists seemed to have the right line, I murmured to myself: “Not while I’m alive, they won’t.” Nor do I wish to concede that Serbo-fascist ethnic cleansing can appear more rational in retrospect than it did at the time. The Islamist threat itself may be crude, but this is an intricate cultural and political challenge that will absorb all of our energies for the rest of our lives: we are all responsible for doing our utmost as citizens as well as for demanding more imagination from our leaders.

In that sense: the enemies (fascists and racists) of our enemies (radical fascistoid Islam) are not our friends! Until recently when they were stronger and the Islamists not in the game they were the enemy of reason and culture. This is an important distinction to make: knowing what we fight for: civilisation, pluralism and secularism.

Now, I would support a petition for the freedom of B.Bardot, but only while saying what I mentioned above, in the meanwhile we should unite all human rights activists and fight stupidity where we see it.

A_Muslim

A_Muslim
Joined  24-04-2008

26 April 2008 19:16

A reasonable post Mel Olontha!

Dee

Dee
Joined  11-10-2007

26 April 2008 23:02

A_Muslim - 26 April 2008 11:16 PM

A reasonable post Mel Olontha!

So “A Muslim ” , are you REALLY Muslim ?  If so , I’m hoping you are one who is searching for something that makes sense in life—-because you have not found it in Islam, and you want to be free. Free from religious captivity. Religious straight-jackets and freedom from the anxiety that comes from wanting to be true to Islam , but finding it too hard to do.  Kick it all in the face dear, and feel free to live your life according to YOUR standards and desires.

A_Muslim

A_Muslim
Joined  24-04-2008

27 April 2008 00:18

@ Dee,

So “A Muslim “ , are you REALLY Muslim ?

Well to be honest Dee, I believe I am “really” a Muslim. By all standard linguistic definitions of the language, I am, yes.

If so , I’m hoping you are one who is searching for something that makes sense in life—-because you have not found it in Islam, and you want to be free. Free from religious captivity. Religious straight-jackets and freedom from the anxiety that comes from wanting to be true to Islam , but finding it too hard to do.  Kick it all in the face dear, and feel free to live your life according to YOUR standards and desires.

..That is quite the statement about my internal psychology Dee - I am curious - how did you arrive at this theory about my state of mind? Are you postulating it as a hunch you have, or do you have some concrete evidence showing emotions regarding the “anxiety” and “yearnings to be free of religion” that (I thought) are accessible only to me in my head?

Im not trying to be a smart-ass but I am really quite curious and baffled by your statement. Either way, nice to meet you.

arildno

arildno
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  26-12-2006

27 April 2008 03:33

A_Muslim - 27 April 2008 04:18 AM

@ Dee,

So “A Muslim “ , are you REALLY Muslim ?

Well to be honest Dee, I believe I am “really” a Muslim. By all standard linguistic definitions of the language, I am, yes.

If so , I’m hoping you are one who is searching for something that makes sense in life—-because you have not found it in Islam, and you want to be free. Free from religious captivity. Religious straight-jackets and freedom from the anxiety that comes from wanting to be true to Islam , but finding it too hard to do.  Kick it all in the face dear, and feel free to live your life according to YOUR standards and desires.

..That is quite the statement about my internal psychology Dee - I am curious - how did you arrive at this theory about my state of mind? Are you postulating it as a hunch you have, or do you have some concrete evidence showing emotions regarding the “anxiety” and “yearnings to be free of religion” that (I thought) are accessible only to me in my head?

Im not trying to be a smart-ass but I am really quite curious and baffled by your statement. Either way, nice to meet you.

Okay, I profess that I do not understand (or rather, condone) how the “internal psychology” of the worshipper (like you are) of a childfucker, committed rapist and mass murder works.
Care to explain?

A_Muslim

A_Muslim
Joined  24-04-2008

27 April 2008 12:24

Arildo,

Although this is tangential, because we are talking about how Dee can peer into *my* head somehow and go so far as to detect “anxiety” and “yearnings” etc, I will gladly answer you:

Childfucker, rapist, mass-murderer. Ok. When one peers into the past and wants to judge the actions of any individuals, one has to be sure to judge in context of the time. Not only that, but certain societal variables are also different.

What do I mean by this? For example, when people look back at Abraham Lincoln, they still see his good qualities of trying to free slaves, even though he always had slaves. But we know to judge him in the context of the time he was living in, where it was “normal” to have them.

Similarly, the ancient Greeks used to have an entire class of people as devoted slaves. Whenever one entity lost in a war with Greece, their women were forcibly taken, and their men sold into slavery. If you had told them that they cant do that because its evil, they would have laughed at you and said that its “normal”. 

In another similar vein, the Romans and particularly some Roman Emperors were very fond of keeping children as sex slaves for their own amusement. And unless a culture didnt accept Jupiter or start paying up, they were slaughtered en masse. This was “normal”.

But with regard to all those things, we realize that they were a product of their own time periods, and within that context, we may be able to appreciate their good contributions.

And thus similarly with Mohammad (pbuh), he was born into a time and place where it was considered “normal” to marry “children”. And I put children in quotations because today’s definition of “children” is very different from the old world’s definition. In the old world, a “child” is someone who hasnt gone through puberty yet. But in today’s world, its someone under 18. (Hence statutory rape laws, etc). Also remember, that the lifetime of people back then was a lot less that today on average, probably around 40ish I would imagine. Hence, people “start early” due to those factors.

In that sense, you cannot accuse him of being a “childfucker”, and still maintain the context of the old world. Just as it was “normal” for Greeks to rape the women of conquered places, just as it was “normal” for Romans to have child sex slaves and conquer nations that did not accept Jupiter, just as it was “normal” for Abe to own slaves, so too, it was “normal” for people way back when to marry and have sex as soon as they reached puberty. Today they are looked down upon yes, but that is because the context has changed, lifespans have changed, etc etc.

The same goes for “mass murderer”. The “normal” currency of the time was to completely and utterly conquer a conquered people if the commanding officer saw it fit. The Romans did it. The Persians did it. The Mongols did it. The Japanese Samurai did it. And yes, the Muslims did it. In that era, this passed for “normal” and acceptable behavior.

Barbaric? Perhaps. But that is only because we are looking at this through the lens of today’s era.

I hope this helps.

1 2 >